PDA

View Full Version : Question about personal information

shahrazad
06-15-2014, 05:42 AM
I was wondering if it's okay to put my parents' address on my query since that's the address I use for my credit cards and all the important stuff. I'm living abroad at the moment, but I don't know how long I'll be remaining. I'd feel more comfortable using my parents' address knowing theirs is permanent, but I don't know if that's considered dishonest since I'm on a different continent.

triceretops
06-15-2014, 05:45 AM
I was wondering if it's okay to put my parents' address on my query since that's the address I use for my credit cards and all the important stuff. I'm living abroad at the moment, but I don't know how long I'll be remaining. I'd feel more comfortable using my parents' address knowing theirs is permanent, but I don't know if that's considered dishonest since I'm on a different continent.

Certainly not a problem with that. Use your parent's address--it's more stable, and it really will not be considered dishonest at all. It's a convenience issue. That's my humble opinion, any-who

tri

cmhbob
06-15-2014, 05:56 AM
If it's your current mailing address for important documents, then use it.

shahrazad
06-15-2014, 08:47 AM
That's great, thanks. :)

shadowwalker
06-15-2014, 05:21 PM
Most businesses want to know your "permanent" address if it's different from where you're currently staying, whether your parents' or someone else's. It just means having an address where they know their mail won't be bouncing around on the "forward to" trail. Nothing at all unusual if you're moving about or just living elsewhere temporarily.

MandyHubbard
06-16-2014, 07:42 PM
If you're actually worried about it, don't put an address at all. We're not going to respond my snail mail, we reply to an email. :-)

I would say more than half my equeries bear no postal address.

WeaselFire
06-16-2014, 10:31 PM
I was wondering if it's okay to put my parents' address on my query...
It's a contact point, not a legal document. PO Box, office location or general delivery all work.

Jeff