PDA

View Full Version : Fast food question.

Kosh
03-16-2006, 07:41 PM
Is there an area in the back of fast food resturaunts where the workers get changed? What is this place called? What does it normally look like?

Branwyn
03-16-2006, 08:16 PM
In fast food places, I don't think there is such a changing room. You arrive at work in your uniform.

theengel
03-16-2006, 08:21 PM
The bathroom

Lyra Jean
03-16-2006, 08:44 PM
There is a break room in the back so you can eat lunch in peace away from the loud, obnoxious customers. But you come dressed in your uniform or go to the bathroom.

underthecity
03-16-2006, 09:35 PM
Yeah, what they said. We used to change in the restroom.

There was one time, though, when I happened to walk in one particular girl changing her shirt in the break room. Ohhh, the image is burned permanently in my mind.

allen

Kosh
03-17-2006, 12:09 AM
Thanks, everyone.

blacbird
03-17-2006, 03:15 AM
What does it normally look like?

You really don't want to know.

caw.

Kosh
03-19-2006, 11:39 PM
Another question: Is it the same deal for Diners?

Jamesaritchie
03-20-2006, 01:04 AM

We have one, large, privately owned restaurant not far from where I live that has a dressing room. Other than this one, I've never known a fast food place, a diner, or any normal sized restaurant to have a dressing room.

I've had family members and friends work at all sorts of eateries, and 99% of the time, they dress at home and go to work wearing the uniform. Even when you change in a restroom, you're left with the problem of what to do with your clothing. The only reaosn I've known any of them to change in restroom at work was because they had to go somewhere else when their shift was over, and didn't have time to come home first.

MadScientistMatt
03-20-2006, 01:35 AM

It was at the Waffle House where I worked - an area for breaks, but no changing room per se. Employees arrived and departed wearing their uniforms.

scout
03-23-2006, 07:45 AM
People come dressed in their fast food uniforms. No changing room

Nexusman
03-27-2006, 06:36 AM
I think it really varies from place to place. I've been in the back of several fast food restaurants and it ranges from absolutely nothing except for the manager's desk in a corner to a full-fledged break room with a door, lockers, and private restrooms. Of course, if it's a story you're working on, go ahead and set things to your liking. :)

-Nick