Supercross

meg_b

One step closer.
Registered
Reaction score
I know with supercross, the winner accumulates points over different nights in different cities until the very last Las Vegas championship. The one with the most points wins. My question is, if the supercross rider currently in first place is seriously injured and can't participate in any more races, are any of his points counted if/when he comes back to supercross years later (after he's been through a vast amount of physio and surgeries.) If not, does his points count for anything or will they just disappear and mean nothing?

Edit: I should probably note that this is for the AMA Supercross Championship.

Last edited:

King Neptune

Banned
Reaction score
I know with supercross, the winner accumulates points over different nights in different cities until the very last Las Vegas championship. The one with the most points wins. My question is, if the supercross rider currently in first place is seriously injured and can't participate in any more races, are any of his points counted if/when he comes back to supercross years later (after he's been through a vast amount of physio and surgeries.) If not, does his points count for anything or will they just disappear and mean nothing?

Edit: I should probably note that this is for the AMA Supercross Championship.

It appears that the points are accumulated annually with a new accumulation of points for each year's champion, but I am not familiar with it; I just read the rules.

http://www.amasupercross.com/

meg_b

One step closer.
Registered
Reaction score
It appears that the points are accumulated annually with a new accumulation of points for each year's champion, but I am not familiar with it; I just read the rules.

http://www.amasupercross.com/

Thank you so much for your help. There is no information regarding injuries, so I think I will just assume that the points disappear if you can no longer race.