PDA

View Full Version : Color personality quiz

Puddle Jumper
03-16-2006, 08:36 AM
This has got to be one of the oddest personality quizzes that I've found.

Quiz (http://www.colorquiz.com/)

Please post your results and whether you think they were accurate or not.

Given the way it tests you, I find it scary that the results seem to be right on for me. The only disagreement I have would be with the last. While that's mostly true, I do enjoy a good debate every now and then.

I copied this from the printable results option available at the end.

Your Existing Situation

Sensuous. Inclined to luxuriate in things which give gratification to the senses, but rejects anything tasteless, vulgar, or coarse.

Your Stress Sources

Wishes to be independent, unhampered, and free from any limitation or restriction, other than those which she imposes of herself or by her own choice and decision.

Your Restrained Characteristics

Distressed by the obstacles with which she is faced and is no mood for any form of activity or for further demands on her. Needs peace and quiet, and the avoidance of anything which might distress her further.

Clings to her belief that her hopes and ideas are realistic, but needs encouragement and reassurance. Applies very exacting standards to her choice of a partner and wants guarantees against loss or disappointment.

Your Desired Objective

Needs a peaceful environment. Wants release from stress, and freedom from conflicts or disagreement. Takes pains to control the situation and its problems by proceeding cautiously. Has sensitivity of feeling and a fine eye for detail.

Your Actual Problem

Does not wish to be involved in differences of opinion, contention or argument, preferring to be left in peace.

Optimus
03-16-2006, 08:52 AM
Whoa. I don't know why this would be at all accurate, but it actually was:

Your Existing Situation
Active, outgoing, and restless. Feels frustrated by the slowness with which events develop along the desired lines. This leads to irritability, changeability, and lack of persistence when pursuing a given objective.

Your Stress Sources
Strives for straight-forward relationships, founded on mutual trust and understanding. Wishes to act only in conformity with his own convictions. Demands freedom to make his own decisions without being subjected to interference, outside influence, or the necessity of making compromises.

Willing to participate and to allow himself to become involved, but tries to fend off conflict and disturbance in order to reduce tension.
Feels that he cannot do much about his existing problems and difficulties and that he must make the best of things as they are. Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity.

Your Desired Objective
Desires a tranquil, peaceful state of harmony offering quiet contentment and a sense of belonging.

Your Actual Problem
Does not wish to be involved in differences of opinion, contention or argument, preferring to be left in peace.

Your Actual Problem #2
Needs to protect himself against his tendency to be too trusting, as he finds it is liable to be misunderstood or exploited by others. Is therefore seeking a relationship providing peaceful and understanding intimacy, and in which each knows exactly where the other stands.

WerenCole
03-16-2006, 09:07 AM
Well now. . . this is just about right. Seriously. I am broke, I am alone in a city where I know no one and have always tended to get a bit defensive without open conflict. I think my "desired objective" is dead on.

Your Existing Situation
Feels obstructed in his desires and prevented from obtaining the things he regards as essential.

Your Stress Sources
An emotional relationship is no longer running smoothly, has proven deeply disappointing, and is now regarded as a depressing tie. While on one hand, he would like to free himself from this attachment altogether, yet, on the other, he does not want to lose anything nor risk uncertainty and the possibility of further disappointment. These contradictory emotions aggravate him to such an extent that he tries to suppress them beneath an aloof and severe attitude.

Feels trapped in a distressing or uncomfortable situation and seeking some way of gaining relief. Able to achieve satisfaction from sexual activity. Willing to become emotionally involved as he feels rater isolated and alone. Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense, though he tries to avoid open conflict.

Your Desired Objective
Wants to prove to himself and others that nothing can affect him, that he is superior to any form of weakness. As a result, he acts with harshness or severity and adopts an autocratic and self-willed attitude.

Your Actual Problem
Anxiety and restless dissatisfaction, either with circumstances or with unfulfilled emotional requirements, have produced stress. He tries to escape from these by denying their existence, concealing his dissatisfaction behind a proud but illusory claim to self-sufficiency and independence.

Your Actual Problem #2
Disappointment and the fear that there is no point in formulating fresh goals have led to anxiety. Desires recognition and position, but is worried about his prospects. Reacts to this by protecting at any criticism and resisting any attempt to influence him. Tries to assert himself by meticulous control of detail in an effort to strengthen his position.

poetinahat
03-16-2006, 09:21 AM
I had no idea it was as bad as all that. Too much Joy Division and Smiths lately, I guess.

Your Existing Situation
Impulsive and irritable. His desires, and the actions involved, are paramount, with insufficient consideration being given to their consequences. This leads to, or arises from, stress and conflict.

Your Stress Sources
Delights in the tasteful, the gracious, and the sensitive, but maintains his attitude of critical appraisal and refuses to be swept off his feet unless genuineness and integrity can be absolutely vouched for. Therefore keeps a strict and watchful control on his emotional relationships as he must know exactly where he stands. Demands complete sincerity as a protection against his own tendency to be too trusting.

Believes that he is not receiving his share--that he is neither properly understood or adequately appreciated. Feels that he is being compelled to conform, and close relationships leave him without any sense of emotional involvement.
Feels that things stand in his way, that circumstances are forcing him to compromise and forgo some pleasures for the time being.

Your Desired Objective
In despair and needs relief of some sort. Wants physical ease, a problem free security, and the chance to recover.

Your Actual Problem
Intensely critical of the existing conditions which he feels are disorganized or insufficiently clear-cut. Is therefore seeking some solution which will clarify the situation and introduce a more acceptable degree of order and method.

WDS
03-16-2006, 09:38 AM
WOW! That was very accurate for me, quite a suprise! The part that really sucks is I want to be recognized yet I have social anxiety issues (talk about a conflict of intrest).

Your Existing Situation
Acts in an orderly, methodical, and self-contained manner. Needs the sympathetic understanding of someone who will give him recognition and approval.

Your Stress Sources
Has an unsatisfied need to ally himself with others whose standards are as high as his own, and to stand out from the herd. His control of his sensual instincts restricts his ability to give himself, but the resulting isolation leads to the urge to surrender and allow himself to merge with another. This disturbs him, as such instincts are regarded as weaknesses to be overcome; he feels that only by continued self-restraint can he hope to maintain his attitude of individual superiority. Wants to be loved or admired for himself alone; needs attention, recognition, and the esteem of others.

Becomes distressed when his needs or desires are misunderstood and feels that he has no one to turn to or rely on. Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense.

Your Desired Objective
Tries to escape from his problems, difficulties, and tensions by abrupt, headstrong, and ill-considered decisions. Desperately seeking a way to escape, and there is danger of reckless behavior to the point of self-destruction.

Your Actual Problem
The fear that he might be prevented from achieving the things he wants drives him to the exploitation of all types of experience, so that he may categorically deny that any of them has any value. This destructive denigration becomes his method of concealing hopelessness and a profound sense of futility.

Your Actual Problem #2
The need for esteem--for the chance to play some outstanding part and make a name for himself--has become imperative. He reacts by insisting on being the center of attention, and refuses to play an impersonal or minor role.

Man, I should talk to someone.

Puddle Jumper
03-16-2006, 09:46 AM
The part that really sucks is I want to be recognized yet I have social anxiety issues (talk about a conflict of intrest).
Not really, you can be recognized without being social. For example, if you publish a book the world can recognize you and your talent without you being social with them.

I love to be recognized, but I like to hear others talking well about me rather than having them say something to my face.

Although I have a bad habit if I'm not feeling recognized enough to say to like my boss, "See what I did" and wait for the "good job!" :tongue

Angela
03-16-2006, 10:04 AM
Hmmmm.......interesting.

Your Existing Situation

Defensive. Feels her position is threatened or inadequately established. Determined to pursue her objectives despite the anxiety induced by opposition.

Your Stress Sources

Sensitive, and susceptible to gentleness and delicacy of feeling, with a desire to blend into some sort of mystic fusion of erotic harmony. However, this desire remains unsatisfied due to the lack of a suitable partner or adverse conditions, and she keeps a strict and watchful control on her emotional relationships as she needs to know precisely where she stands. Is fastidious, esthetic, and has a cultured taste which allows her to form and express her own taste and judgment, especially in the fields of art and artistic creativity. Strives to ally with others who can assist her in her intellectual or artistic growth.

Very exacting in the standards she applies to her choice of a partner and seeking a rather unrealistic perfection in her sex life.

Feels that things stand in her way, that circumstances are forcing her to compromise and forgo some pleasures for the time being.

Your Desired Objective

Seeks affectionate, satisfying and harmonious relationships. Desires an intimate union, in which there is a love, self-sacrifice and mutual trust.

Your Actual Problem

Needs to protect herself against her tendency to be too trusting, as she finds it is liable to be misunderstood or exploited by others. Is therefore seeking a relationship providing peaceful and understanding intimacy, and in which each knows exactly where the other stands.

Your Actual Problem #2

Wants to be valued and respected, and seeks this from a close and peaceful association of mutual esteem.

tjwriter
03-16-2006, 09:06 PM
Your Existing Situation

Having difficulty in standing up to the demands imposed on her. Finds a great effort is involved and wishes to have the situation eased.

Your Stress Sources

The situation is regarded as threatening or dangerous. Outraged by the thought that she will be unable to achieve her goals and distressed at the feeling of helplessness to remedy this. Over-extended and feels beset, possibly to the point of nervous prostration.

Clings to her belief that her hopes and ideas are realistic, but needs encouragement and reassurance. Applies very exacting standards to her choice of a partner and wants guarantees against loss or disappointment.

Willing to become emotionally involved as she feels rather isolated and alone. Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense, though she tries to avoid open conflict.

Your Desired Objective

Suffering from the effects of those things which are being rejected as disagreeable, and is strongly resisting them. Just wants to be left in peace.

Your Actual Problem

Depleted vitality has created an intolerance for any further stimulation, or demands on her resources. This feeling of powerlessness subjects her to agitation and acute distress. She reacts by considering that she has been victimized, and insists--with indignation, resentment, and defiance--on being given her own way.

maestrowork
03-16-2006, 09:07 PM
"You are color blind."

William Haskins
03-16-2006, 09:16 PM
william's Existing Situation

Impulsive and irritable. His desires, and the actions involved, are paramount, with insufficient consideration being given to their consequences. This leads to, or arises from, stress and conflict.

william's Stress Sources

Suppresses his innate enthusiasm and imaginative nature, for fear that he might be carried away by it only to find himself pursuing some will-o'-the-wisp. Feels he has been misled and abused and has withdrawn to hold himself cautiously aloof from others. Keeps a careful and critical watch to see whether motives towards him are sincere--a watchfulness which easily develops into suspicion and distrust.

william's Restrained Characteristics

Circumstances are forcing him to compromise, to restrain his demands and hopes, and to forgo for the time being some of the things he wants.

william's Desired Objective

Desires a conflict-free haven offering security and physical case. Is in need of considerate treatment and loving care. Fears the emptiness and solitude of separation.

william's Actual Problem

Disappointment at the non-fulfillment of his hopes and the fear that to formulate fresh goals will only lead to further setbacks have resulted in considerable anxiety. He is trying to escape from this into a peaceful and harmonious relationship, protecting him from dissatisfaction and lack of appreciation.

william's Actual Problem #2

Needs to protect himself against his tendency to be too trusting, as he finds it is liable to be misunderstood or exploited by others. Is therefore seeking a relationship providing peaceful and understanding intimacy, and in which each knows exactly where the other stands.

Shadow_Ferret
03-16-2006, 09:16 PM
I don't agree with any of this.

Your Existing Situation
Dissatisfied. The need to escape continued involvement with his present circumstances makes it imperative for him to find some solution.

Your Stress Sources
Is responsive to outside stimuli and wants to experience everything intensely, but is finding the existing situation extremely frustrating. Needs sympathetic understanding and a sense of security. Distressed by his apparently powerlessness to achieve his goals.

Willing to become emotionally involved and able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity.

Insists that his hopes and ideas are realistic, but needs reassurance and encouragement. Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense.

Very exacting in the standards he applies to his choice of a partner and seeking a rather unrealistic perfection in his sex life.

Your Desired Objective
Wants to make a favorable impression and be recognized. Needs to feel appreciated and admired. Sensitive and easily hurt if no notice is taken of him or if he is not given adequate acknowledgment.

Your Actual Problem
Depleted vitality has created an intolerance for any further stimulation, or demands on his resources. This sense of powerlessness, combined with frustration that he cannot control events, subjects him to agitation, irritation, and acute distress. He tries to escape these by stubborn insistence on his own point of view, but the general condition of helplessness renders this often unsuccessful. Is therefore very sensitive to criticism and quick to take offense.

Your Actual Problem #2
Works to strengthen his position and bolster his self-esteem by examining his own accomplishments (and those of others) with critical appraisal and scientific discrimination. Insists on having things clear-cut and unequivocal.

PrettySpecialGal
03-16-2006, 09:20 PM
Your Existing Situation
Avoids excessive effort and needs roots, security, and peaceful companionship. May be physically unwell, in need of gentle handling and considerate treatment
Your Stress Sources
Wants to overcome a feeling of emptiness and to bridge the gap which she feels separates herself from others. Anxious to experience life in all its aspects, to explore all its possibilities, and to live it to the fullest. She therefore resents any restriction or limitation being imposed on her and insists on being free and unhampered.
Feels that she is burdened with more than her fair share of problems. However, she sticks to her goals and tries to overcome her difficulties by being flexible and accommodating.
Your Desired Objective
Preoccupied with things of an intensely exciting nature, whether erotically stimulating or otherwise. Wants to be regarded as an exciting and interesting personality with an altogether charming and impressive influence on others. Uses tactics skillfully so as to avoid endangering her chances of success or undermining others' confidence in herself.
Your Actual Problem
Fights against restriction or limitation, and insists on developing freely as a result of her own efforts.
Your Actual Problem #2
The fear that she might be prevented from achieving the things she wants leads her to play her part with an urgent and hectic intensity.

hm. interesting.

oswann
03-16-2006, 09:23 PM
Your Actual Problem

Oh, please.
Os.

Annabella
03-16-2006, 09:25 PM
Your Existing Situation
Sensuous. Inclined to luxuriate in the things which give gratification to the senses, but rejects anything tasteless, vulgar, or coarse.

Your Stress Sources
Wants to overcome a feeling of emptiness and to bridge the gap which she feels separates herself from others. Anxious to experience life in all its aspects, to explore all its possibilities, and to live it to the fullest. She therefore resents any restriction or limitation being imposed on her and insists on being free and unhampered.

Feels cut off and unhappy because of the difficulty in achieving the essential degree of cooperation and harmony which she desires.

Your Desired Objective
Alert and keenly observant. Is seeking fresh avenues offering greater freedom and the chance to make the most of them. Wants to prove herself and to achieve recognition. Striving to bridge the gap which she feels separates her from others.

Your Actual Problem
Feels restricted and prevented from progressing; seeking a solution which will remove these limitations.

Your Actual Problem #2
The fear that she may be prevented from achieving the things she wants leads her into a relentless search for satisfaction in the pursuit of illusory or meaningless activities.

Yeah, I'd say that was pretty close.

dahmnait
03-16-2006, 09:42 PM
I'm not impressed with the accuracy. However, there are a few that hit home.

Your Existing Situation
Orderly,<-Boy did it peg me wrong. methodical, and self-contained. Needs the respect, recognition, and understanding of those close to him.

Your Stress Sources
The situation is regarded as threatening or dangerous. Outraged by the thought that she will be unable to achieve her goals and distressed at the feeling of helplessness to remedy this. Over-extended and feels beset, possibly to the point of nervous prostration.

Willing to become emotionally involved and able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity. :D

Clings to her belief that her hopes and ideas are realistic <-Clings?, but needs encouragement and reassurance. Applies very exacting standards to her choice of a partner and wants guarantees against loss or disappointment.

Your Desired Objective
Urgently in need of rest, relaxation, peace, and affectionate understanding. Feels she has been treated with a lack of consideration and is upset and agitated as a result. Regards her situation as intolerable as long as her requirements are not complied with.

Your Actual Problem

Depleted vitality has created an intolerance for any further stimulation, or demands on her resources. A feeling of powerlessness subjects her to agitation and acute distress. Tries to escape from this by relinquishing the struggle, and by finding peaceful and restful conditions in which to recuperate in an atmosphere of affection and security.

Stew21
03-16-2006, 10:12 PM
Your Existing Situation

Active, but feels that insufficient progress or reward is being made for the effort exerted. this one is true TODAY (think this is a mood thing, not a general characteristic I was very frustrated today)
Your Stress Sources

Sensitive and impressionable, prone to absorbing enthusiasms. Seeks an idealized--but so far unfulfilled--situation in which she can share with another a complete accord and mutual depth of understanding. Feels there is a risk of being exploited if she is too ready to trust others and therefore demands proof of their sincerity. Needs to know exactly where she stands in relationships. this one is pretty true

Feels she is receiving less than her share, but that she will have to conform and make the best of her situation. to a degree, I am conforming but I am also grateful for what I have and not nearly as dissatisfied as this sounds.

Remains emotionally unattached even when involved in a close relationship. I completely disagree with this one. I have a strong tendency to get too attached in close relationships.I'm an emotional person by nature. this one strikes me very odd.

Your Desired Objective

Feels that there is little prospect of achieving her hopes and therefore surrenders herself to a life of sensuous ease, free from any problems. I'm not nearly this pessimistic generally but was very much so today.
Your Actual Problem

Wishes to safeguard herself against criticism and to entrench herself in a stable and secure position; but is herself inclined to be critical of others and difficult to please. not really
Your Actual Problem #2

Seeks security and a position in which she will no longer be troubled by demands being made on her. to a degree, not completely.

Godfather
03-16-2006, 10:41 PM
bizzarely accurate.

Your Existing Situation

Defensive. Feels his position is threatened or inadequately established. Determined to pursue his objectives despite the anxiety induced by opposition.

Your Stress Sources

The existing situation is disagreeable. Feels lonely and uncertain as he has an unsatisfied need to ally himself with others whose standards are as high as his own, and wants to stand out from the rank and file. This sense of isolation magnifies the need into a compelling urge, all the more upsetting to his self-sufficiency because of the restraint he normally imposes on himself. Since he wants to demonstrate the unique quality of his own character, he tries to suppress this need for others and affects an attitude of unconcerned self-reliance to conceal his fear of inadequacy, treating those who criticize his behavior with contempt. However, beneath this assumption of indifference he really longs for the approval and esteem of others.

Circumstances are such that he feels forced to compromise for the time being if he is to avoid being cut off from affection or from full participation.<P>Becomes distressed when his needs or desires are misunderstood and feels that he has no one to turn to or rely on. Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense.<P>

Your Desired Objective

Needs a peaceful environment. Wants release from stress, and freedom from conflicts or disagreement. Takes pains to control the situation and its problems by proceeding cautiously. Has sensitivity of feeling and a fine eye for detail.

Your Actual Problem

Disappointment at the non-fulfillment of his hopes and the fear that to formulate fresh goals will only lead to further setbacks have resulted in considerable anxiety. He is trying to escape from this into a peaceful and harmonious relationship, protecting him from dissatisfaction and lack of appreciation.

Your Actual Problem #2

Wants to be valued and respected, and seeks this from a close and peaceful association of mutual esteem.

tiny
03-16-2006, 10:49 PM
Your Existing Situation

Imaginative and sensitive; seeking an outlet for these qualities--especially in the company of someone equally sensitive. Interest and enthusiasm are readily aroused by the unusual or the adventurous.

Sensitive??!?!?! HAHAHAHAHA

Your Stress Sources

Seeks independence and freedom from any restriction and therefore avoids obligations or anything which might prove hampering. She is being subjected to considerable pressure and wants to escape i'm thinking of joining the circus from it so that she can obtain what she needs, but tends to lack the necessary strength of purpose to succeed in this.

hmmmm

Circumstances are such that she feels forced to compromise for the time being if she is to avoid being cut off from affection or from full participation.
Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity but is inclined to be emotionally withdrawn, which prevents her from becoming deeply involved.

that's just not true

Your Desired Objective

Intense, vital, and animated, taking a delight in action. Activity is directed towards success or conquest and there is a desire to live life to the fullest.

*shrug* I don't know, could be

Your Actual Problem

The tensions induced by trying to cope with conditions which are really beyond her capabilities, or her reserves of strength, have led to considerable anxiety and a sense of personal (but unadmitted) inadequacy. yes, I'm short, there, I admitted it She attempts to remedy this by intense activity and by insistence on getting her own way. Faulty self-control can lead to ungovernable displays of anger.

i am really really mean

Your Actual Problem #2 I have only two problems, whoo hoo

Fights against restriction or limitation, and insists on developing freely as a result of her own efforts.

na, i just like to fight

pconsidine
03-16-2006, 11:11 PM
Your Existing Situation
Working to improve his image in the eyes of others so as to obtain their compliance and agreement with his needs and wishes.

Your Stress Sources
Wants to overcome a feeling of emptiness and to bridge the gap which he feels separates himself from others. Anxious to experience life in all its aspects, to explore all its possibilities, and to live it to the fullest. He therefore resents any restriction or limitation being imposed on him and insists on being free and unhampered.

Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity but is inclined to be emotionally withdrawn, which prevents him from becoming deeply involved.

Your Desired Objective
His need to feel more causative and to have a wider sphere of influence makes him restless and he is driven by his desires and hopes. May try to spread his activities over too wide a field.

Your Actual Problem
Feels restricted and prevented from progressing; seeking a solution which will remove these limitations.

Your Actual Problem #2
The fear that he may be prevented from achieving the things he wants leads him into a relentless search for satisfaction in the pursuit of illusory or meaningless activities.

-------

Interestingly enough, I took the test again and just randomly clicked on whichever color caught my eye. It was probably more accurate than the above result, which were the result of actually considering what color was what.

Screwy indeed.

rhymegirl
03-17-2006, 12:11 AM
Your Existing Situation
Imaginative and sensitive; seeking an outlet for these qualities--especially in the company of someone equally sensitive. Interest and enthusiasm are readily aroused by the unusual or the adventurous.

Your Stress Sources
The existing situation is disagreeable. Has an unsatisfied need to ally herself with others whose standards are as high as her own, and to stand out from the rank and file. Her control of her sensual instincts restricts her ability to give herself, but the resulting isolation leads to the urge to surrender and allow herself to merge with another. This disturbs her. as such instincts are regarded as weaknesses to be overcome; she feels that only by continued self-restraint can she hope to maintain her attitude of individual superiority. Wants to be loved or admired for herself alone; needs attention, recognition, and the esteem of others.

Emotionally inhibited. Feels forced to compromise, making it difficult for her to form a stable emotional attachment.
Believes that she is not receiving her share--that she is neither properly understood or adequately appreciated. Feels that she is being compelled to conform, and close relationships leave her without any sense of emotional involvement.

Your Desired Objective
Intense, vital, and animated, taking a delight in action. Activity is directed towards success or conquest and there is a desire to live life to the fullest.

Your Actual Problem
Takes a delight in action and wants to be respected and esteemed for her personal accomplishments.

Your Actual Problem #2
The fear that she might be prevented from achieving the things she wants leads her to play her part with an urgent and hectic intensity.

Angela
03-17-2006, 03:00 AM
I must be in a different mood today than I was yesterday............

Your Existing Situation

Willing and adaptable. Only at peace when closely attached to a person, group, or organization on a which reliance can be placed.

Your Stress Sources

Sensitive, and susceptible to gentleness and delicacy of feeling, with a desire to blend into some sort of mystic fusion of erotic harmony. However, this desire remains unsatisfied due to the lack of a suitable partner or adverse conditions, and she keeps a strict and watchful control on her emotional relationships as she needs to know precisely where she stands. Is fastidious, esthetic, and has a cultured taste which allows her to form and express her own taste and judgment, especially in the fields of art and artistic creativity. Strives to ally with others who can assist her in her intellectual or artistic growth.

Willing to become emotionally involved and able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity.

Trying to calm down and unwind after a period of over-agitation which has left her listless and devoid of energy. In need of peace and quiet; becomes irritable if this is denied him.

Your Desired Objective

Wants to prove to herself and others that nothing can affect her. that she is superior to any form of weakness. As a result, she acts with harshness or severity and adopts an autocratic and self-willed attitude.

Your Actual Problem

Works to strengthen her position and bolster her self-esteem by examining her own accomplishments (and those of others) with critical appraisal and scientific discrimination. Insists on having things clear-cut and unequivocal.

Your Actual Problem #2

Needs to be valued and respected as an exceptional individual, in order to increase her self-esteem and her feeling of personal worth. Resists mediocrity and sets herself high standards.

Funny how your mood can affect things, isn't it?? :tongue

Inspired
03-17-2006, 03:13 AM
I think it pegged me fairly well:

Your Existing Situation

Needs, and insists on having, a close and understanding relationship, or at least some method of satisfying a compulsion to feel identified.

Your Stress Sources

The existing situation is disagreeable. Feels lonely and uncertain as she has an unsatisfied need to ally herself with others whose standards are as high as her own, and wants to stand out from the rank and file. This sense of isolation magnifies the need into a compelling urge, all the more upsetting to her self-sufficiency because of the restraint she normally imposes on herself. Since she wants to demonstrate the unique quality of her own character, she tries to suppress this need for others and affects an attitude of unconcerned self-reliance to conceal her fear of inadequacy, treating those who criticize her behavior with contempt. However, beneath this assumption of indifference she really longs for the approval and esteem of others.

Distressed by the obstacles with which she is faced and is no mood for any form of activity or for further demands on her. Needs peace and quiet, and the avoidance of anything which might distress her further.

Your Desired Objective

Wants to make a favorable impression and be recognized. Needs to feel appreciated and admired. Sensitive and easily hurt if no notice is taken of her or if she is not given adequate acknowledgment.

Your Actual Problem

Disappointment and the fear that there is no point in formulating fresh goals have led to anxiety. Desires recognition and position, but is worried about her prospects. Reacts to this by protecting at any criticism and resisting any attempt to influence her. Tries to assert herself by meticulous control of detail in an effort to strengthen her position.

Your Actual Problem #2

Needs to be valued and respected as an exceptional individual, in order to increase her self-esteem and her feeling of personal worth. Resists mediocrity and sets herself high standards.

ChaosTitan
03-17-2006, 03:34 AM
Your Existing Situation

Exercises initiative in overcoming obstacles and difficulties. Either holds, or wishes to achieve, a position of authority in which control can be exerted over events. (Not disputing that)

Your Stress Sources

Has an unsatisfied need to ally herself with others whose standards are as high as her own, (blushes) and to stand out from the herd. This desire for preeminence isolates her and inhibits her readiness to give herself freely. While she wants to surrender and let herself go, she regards this as a weakness which must be resisted. This self-restraint, she feels, will lift her above the rank and file and ensure recognition as a unique and distinctive personality.

Has high emotional demands and is willing to involve herself in a close relationship, but not with any great depth of feeling. (Not going there)

Feels that things stand in her way, that circumstances are forcing her to compromise and forgo some pleasures for the time being.

Your Desired Objective

Over-imaginative and given to fantasy or day-dreaming. (Too true!) Longs for interesting and exciting things to happen and wants to be admired for her charm.

Your Actual Problem

Feels insufficiently valued in her existing situation, and is seeking different conditions in which she will have greater opportunity of demonstrating her worth. (Whoa. Scary. Accurate, but scary....)

poetinahat
03-17-2006, 03:40 AM
Anybody else suspect that the analyses are just broad enough, and people are just suggestible enough, to make the results appear at least partially accurate a lot of the time?

No matter the results, I suspect I could find *something* in them that I felt was true, or wanted to be true.

dahmnait
03-17-2006, 04:34 AM
Anybody else suspect that the analyses are just broad enough, and people are just suggestible enough, to make the results appear at least partially accurate a lot of the time?

No matter the results, I suspect I could find *something* in them that I felt was true, or wanted to be true.Absolutely. Although, I still am "able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity." It pegged me there. ;)

Shwebb
03-17-2006, 05:35 AM
I wondered about that. But at the same time, I had a psych test that said pretty much the same thing about me as this test did. (I don't know what that says about the validity of the psych test I took, then!)

poetinahat
03-17-2006, 05:45 AM
Absolutely. Although, I still am "able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity." It pegged me there. ;)
Man, I'm going to keep taking this test until I get that line. I'm going to bust. :Headbang:

P.H.Delarran
03-17-2006, 06:18 AM
Your Existing Situation

Working to improve her image in the eyes of others in order to obtain their compliance and agreement with her needs and wishes.

Your Stress Sources

Unfulfilled hopes have lead to uncertainty and a tense watchfulness. Insists on freedom of action and resents any form of control other than which is self-imposed. Unwilling to go without or to relinquish anything and demands security as a protection against any further setback or loss of position or prestige. Doubts that things will be any better in the future and this negative attitude leads her to exaggerate her claims and to refuse reasonable compromises.

Wants to broaden her fields of activity and insists that her hopes and ideas are realistic. Distressed by the fear that she may be prevented from doing what she wants; needs both peaceful conditions and quiet reassurance to restore her confidence.

Willing to become emotionally involved and able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity, but tries to avoid conflict. ;)

Your Desired Objective

Your Actual Problem

Your Actual Problem #2

Disappointment at the non-fulfillment of her hopes and the fear that to formulate fresh goals will only lead to further setbacks have resulted in considerable anxiety. She is trying to escape from this into a peaceful and harmonious relationship, protecting her from dissatisfaction and lack of appreciation.

DamaNegra
03-17-2006, 06:44 AM
Either this thing's really accurate or someone's been watching me...

Your Existing Situation

Hopes to obtain an improved position and greater prestige, so that she can procure for herself more of the things she has had to do without.

Your Stress Sources

Feels that life has far more to offer and that it is imperative that she should find the responsive and understanding relationship she is seeking; she therefore follows up any opportunity which presents itself. However, she maintains her attitude of critical appraisal and refuses to be swept off her feet unless genuineness and integrity can be absolutely vouched for. Therefore keeps a strict and watchful control on her emotional relationships as she must know exactly where she stands. Demands complete sincerity as a protection against her own tendency to be too trusting.

Remains emotionally unattached even when involved in a close relationship.Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense. Able to obtain physical satisfaction from sexual activity but tends to hold aloof emotionally.

Your Desired Objective

Suffering from pent-up overstimulation which threatends to discharge itself in an outburst of impulsive and impassioned behavior.

Your Actual Problem

The fear that she might be prevented from achieving the things she wants drives her to the exploitation of all types of experience, so that she may categorically deny that any of them has any value. This destructive denigration becomes her method of concealing hopelessness and a profound sense of futility.

Your Actual Problem #2

Her natural ability to examine everything with critical discrimination has been distorted into an attitude of harsh disapproval, which opposes and denigrates without regard to the real facts.