• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta reader for YA fantasy / high fantasy | 99k | Completed, 2nd edit

Status
Not open for further replies.

amillimiles

Registered
Reaction score
Update: I am no longer looking for beta readers for my second round of editing, but I will be re-posting for a third round. Thank you!

Hello all! My manuscript is undergoing its second round of beta reading and I'm looking for a few more pairs of eyes on it. This will be the last or second-to-last round of beta reading and editing I do before I begin querying. I am looking for critique on plot, pacing, world building, character development, and storytelling style (or any of those you are able to offer!).

Opening paragraph:
The demon was invisible to ordinary eyes, but Tamoris felt its presence as soon as she slipped in the room. She prowled along the stone walls, eyes glued on the other half of the room, as though she could peel back the shadows and see the monster that hid within. She flexed her fingers, her palms moist as she clutched her bow.

Synopsis:
In a world where Fate can be seen, Tamoris Cross – the princess of Idewyth who can’t even tame her hair – is training to follow in her mother’s footsteps as Queen. Yet a rebellion brews in the Kingdom, and when a powerful spirit from the world of Fate traps her mother, Tamoris finds her world falling apart. She must leave the safety of the Kingdom Walls to search for a powerful lord of Fate who can save her mother – and the Kingdom. Yet from the perilous woods of the Byfrost to the mist-ridden cliffs of the Duskrange, she encounters sinister signs – the appearance of dark demonic servants, villages of Fateless people, and screaming ravens with bloodred beaks – that herald the workings of a greater evil. What started off as a rescue mission becomes a battle against an apocalypse, and Tamoris must find the courage to change what is written in the Fates.

I will be glad to reciprocate if requested, but I prefer works of the same genre/subgenre. Please post here or PM if you're interested; I look forward to working with you. :LilLove:

Last edited:

shmglsky

Registered
Reaction score
What POV is it?

Personally I feel third person limited is the way to go.

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
Ok ok ok, I'll take the bite. I want in. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.