• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

YA Contemporary Romance: Looking for Beta Reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejamesramos

I write stuff sometimes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thejamesramos.wordpress.com
Working title: Opposites Attract
YA contemporary romance
modern-day retelling of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice
Word count: 78,000

This is the fourth draft of the manuscript, and I'm pretty well done with the editing and revising (at least for now).

I'm looking for someone (preferably who has read and/or is a fan of Pride and Prejudice) to give it a read and let me know what you think; pacing, dialogue, story, whether you enjoyed it, things like that.

I know 78,000 is fairly long, so if you'd like to read some or part of it, I wouldn't mind that either.

I'm willing to swap as well (YA romance, sci-fi, thrillers, mystery).

Thanks everyone!

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eclecticlittledork.wordpress.com
I'm willing to beta it for you if you want. I've read P&P about 15 times. Yes, I'm a fan of the novel. PM and we can work something out.

endearing

in love with Jesus
Registered
Reaction score
If you still need another pair of eyes, I'd also be happy to help. :) I've read Pride and Prejudice many times, and am actually almost done with yet another reread. Let me know!

aturley

Registered
Reaction score
I'd love to look

I would love to give your manuscript a read. I used to review YA books for publishers like HC and S&S so I'm fairly good at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.