Help with writing One woman Show

alani2

I am an author, and am currently working on a script for a Screenplay. In the meantime I am putting together a one woman show. I am writing about a character from my book, Patty, who lived from 1750-1830. One of the Repratory Theaters in my area is interested in my putting on a One woman show. I would like suggestions as to how to best write the script. What is the length of the script, and some helpful suggestions.

I am open to all serious questions and suggestions.

PerditaDrury

Registered
Reaction score
alani2 said:
I am an author, and am currently working on a script for a Screenplay. In the meantime I am putting together a one woman show. I am writing about a character from my book, Patty, who lived from 1750-1830. One of the Repratory Theaters in my area is interested in my putting on a One woman show. I would like suggestions as to how to best write the script. What is the length of the script, and some helpful suggestions.

I am open to all serious questions and suggestions.

I would suggest that the best way is to read several (even many) one-woman historical plays and see how other playwrights handled their material.

Here's a great link to playwrights of just the type of material you're doing yourself:

http://www.nwhp.org/tlp/performers/connecticut-performers.html

There is contact information there so you might want to inquire about where to find copies of plays you're interested in.

45-75 minutes is a good length for a one woman historical play. The shorter ones can play in school, the longer ones in community or rep theatre.

Good luck!