Status
Not open for further replies.

Pushingfordream

Writing about life!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.danielwallock.com
They say if you shoot for the moon you will fall to stars. Can anybody help me? :)

Well in a week or two I will be officially launching my first book! It's already been on amazon, but not in paperback. I dream of having a huge first sales day! I want to get on the top 100 paid books, but I quickly realized how hard that actually is. (I found out that top 100 books all sell over 500 a day) Although I still want that I realize a better goal to sell 100 books in the first day. I need some help in the promotion regard. I know I will promote on all my social media, my website, my personal Facebook, and my email. (That has potential to reach around 1,000 people, although it will probably reach something way lower like 300) My main concerned though in marketing the first day. My to keep most sales on the first day was to run an online event that would somehow notify all my family and friends through Facebook when the books coming out. This i'm sure that could reach 3,000+ real people, which paid promotion part. But the problem is I don't know the effectiveness of creating a Facebook event. Is there another way I can notify people on the date of the book, or does this sound like a good plan? I am very interested in hearing any ideas you have to promote my book on its launch day.

- I am also planning a youtube video to promote on the day of the launch.

Thank so much for reading - Daniel

JournoWriter

Just the facts, please
Registered
Reaction score
Is it fiction or nonfiction? Are there any ties to local associations or groups in your area with members that might be interested?

Are you considering a paid Facebook promotion, or not? Within that, are you looking at an ad or a promoted post?

Pushingfordream

Writing about life!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.danielwallock.com
Is it fiction or nonfiction? Are there any ties to local associations or groups in your area with members that might be interested?

Are you considering a paid Facebook promotion, or not? Within that, are you looking at an ad or a promoted post?

I am looking at promoted post. And It's nonfiction. I don't know of any local groups that would host it.

SunshineonMe

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Daniel. Here is my best advice (I've never been on the top 100, but I was at 122, which was a thrill!)

1)You are kind of cutting it short on time, but maybe you can find someone at Good Reads (they have many Indie groups) who will give you a review for a kindle copy. They will be honest reviews btw. It will help if you can get some the day you launch.

2)I'd advertise for the day you launch- and sell it for.99 the first few days. There are a few places that might take your book without ratings. (I posted a link here on another thread with a bunch of places to advertise. I'll have to go look for it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.