PDA

View Full Version : Some good news that isn't writer-related . . .

jenngreenleaf
03-15-2006, 08:53 PM
. . . and I thought I"d share it here. :) I went through some cancer testing over the course of several weeks. My doctor just called and said all the biopsies came back clear!

:D NO CANCER! :D

I have to go for a "re-check" in July . . . but this is such a load off! Now I can stop stressing out over this . . . and, believe me, I was! She doesn't know what the stuff in my "was," so that still has me a little iffy. :Shrug:

Time to put this behind me and move on to the next chapter of my life . . . ;)

Sheryl Nantus
03-15-2006, 08:54 PM
*applauds loudly*

believe me, I know your relief - coming up on five years cancer-free myself...

you GO, GIRL!!!

:D

kikazaru
03-15-2006, 09:04 PM
That is such wonderful news. Who ever said "if you don't have your health you have nothing" was right on the money. You must be so relieved.

Stew21
03-15-2006, 09:11 PM
wonderful news!!!! wonderful wonderful wonderful!!!!!! :hooray:

NeuroFizz
03-15-2006, 09:34 PM
So happy for you, Jenn.

Chacounne
03-15-2006, 09:35 PM
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Jenn))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Terrific news! Congratulations!

and one for you too, Sheryl ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Sheryl)))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Chac

Shadow_Ferret
03-15-2006, 09:39 PM
Yay! Good news! :)

Yeshanu
03-15-2006, 09:40 PM
:hooray:

Great news, Jenn.

theengel
03-15-2006, 09:42 PM
Want more good news?

I just saved 15% on my car insurance.+

Oh...congrats

awatkins
03-15-2006, 10:12 PM
:hooray: :Jump: :snoopy:

jenngreenleaf
03-15-2006, 10:17 PM
*applauds loudly*

believe me, I know your relief - coming up on five years cancer-free myself...

you GO, GIRL!!!

:D

Thank you! It scared the [bleeeeeep] out of me because my mother had it when she was 31, my dad had it when he was 39 and my sister tested for it when she was 28. So, I fit right in there - I'm 31.

:snoopy: That's great news about you, too!!! :Hug2:

jenngreenleaf
03-15-2006, 10:18 PM
That is such wonderful news. Who ever said "if you don't have your health you have nothing" was right on the money. You must be so relieved.

REALLYreally -- reallyREALLYreally relived!!!!!!!!!

jenngreenleaf
03-15-2006, 10:19 PM
wonderful news!!!! wonderful wonderful wonderful!!!!!! :hooray:

:Hug2: Thank you! :Hug2:

jenngreenleaf
03-15-2006, 10:20 PM
So happy for you, Jenn.

:Hug2: Thank you! :Hug2:

jenngreenleaf
03-15-2006, 10:21 PM
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Jenn))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Terrific news! Congratulations!

and one for you too, Sheryl ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Sheryl)))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Chac

:Hug2: Thank you!! :Hug2:

jenngreenleaf
03-15-2006, 10:22 PM
Yay! Good news! :)

:snoopy: I thought so, too! :D

jenngreenleaf
03-15-2006, 10:23 PM
:hooray:

Great news, Jenn.

:snoopy:

jenngreenleaf
03-15-2006, 10:23 PM
Want more good news?

I just saved 15% on my car insurance.+

Oh...congrats

:ROFL:

Thank you!

jenngreenleaf
03-15-2006, 10:25 PM
:hooray: :Jump: :snoopy:
:TheWave::TheWave::TheWave:

Nann
03-15-2006, 10:25 PM
That's GREAT news Jenn:snoopy: congratulations:e2cheer:

jenngreenleaf
03-15-2006, 10:27 PM
That's GREAT news Jenn:snoopy: congratulations:e2cheer:

:Hug2: Thank you so much! :Hug2:

September skies
03-15-2006, 11:08 PM
That is wonderful. That must have been so scary. I have a sister fighting breast cancer and I lost two aunts and a grandmother to it -- so i can see how grateful, relieved and excited you are!

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/EmoteHug2.gif I'm so happy for you. http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/Emotesnoopy.gif And, definitely a reason to celebrate and dance!

Susie
03-15-2006, 11:12 PM
That is great news, Jenn. So happy you got super news from your doctor. Just wonderful and hope your future is the best! :Hug2:

Sheryl Nantus
03-15-2006, 11:49 PM
thanks for the kind thoughts my way as well...

*inserting public service announcement*

Folks, Cancer is serious and it's a REAL threat to everyone. In my case I was diagnosed with cervical cancer in 1999 and had to undergo three operations to get it all. The only reason it was even *discovered* in time was because I have yearly Pap smears that detect it. Yes, we have this cool new remedy for the HPV virus, but the HPV virus only causes about 80% of cervical cancer - I don't and never had the virus, but I had the cancer. So I'm rather hyper about promoting Pap smears for ALL women.

Breast cancer can be found early through self-examination and keeping up with the doctors appointments. There's a lot of cancers that are now treatable with a high rate of success and full recovery.

Next Tuesday I'm going home to Canada to spend three days with my grandmother, who has pancreatic cancer that has now spread to her lungs. This will be my last visit before she dies, since at this point the doctors are surprised that she's even moving around - she's a tough old bird of 84. She's not upset, she's had a good long life and knew something was going to get her eventually.

Please, folks - keep up with the medical appointments, give to the charities when you can and support anyone/everyone who has had to deal with any type of cancer. There but for the grace of God... well, you know the rest.

*end of public service announcement*

:)

AdamH
03-16-2006, 12:15 AM
That's great, Jenn! Here's a dancing chubby thing to express my happiness to hear this: :e2bouncey

Sheryl, that's so sad. Glad she feels that she's lived a full life...but it's still sad. I had a friend who died when she was 23 from cervical cancer that wasn't diagnosed on time. So I do appreciate you making that Public Service Announcement. It's a very serious issue.

Maryn
03-16-2006, 01:22 AM
We're all gladdened at your news--and I hope everyone here was listening to that little voice inside that said "I should self-check, make that appointment, and donate."

Mr. Maryn had a particularly nasty cancer in the mid-90s, but thanks to research and a treatment that was then experimental, his chances of succumbing to that cancer are now lower than the general public's. This is a case where throwing money at a problem works.

Maryn, so glad for Jenn

arrowqueen
03-16-2006, 01:31 AM
Wonderful news, jenn. You must be so relieved.

jenngreenleaf
03-16-2006, 04:09 AM
That is wonderful. That must have been so scary. I have a sister fighting breast cancer and I lost two aunts and a grandmother to it -- so i can see how grateful, relieved and excited you are!

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/EmoteHug2.gif I'm so happy for you. http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/Emotesnoopy.gif And, definitely a reason to celebrate and dance!

:Hug2: Thank you! It is scary -- my father had breast cancer on both sides and my doctor said that his daughters would be more likely to get it because it's so rare for men to have it . . . and all the removal of stuff and stuff . . . so it could still be on the horizon. My mother said hers was from a bad reaction to birth control. (???)

:snoopy: Yep, still dancing!

jenngreenleaf
03-16-2006, 04:10 AM
That is great news, Jenn. So happy you got super news from your doctor. Just wonderful and hope your future is the best! :Hug2:

:Hug2: Thank you!!!! :Hug2:

jenngreenleaf
03-16-2006, 04:19 AM
thanks for the kind thoughts my way as well...

*inserting public service announcement*

Folks, Cancer is serious and it's a REAL threat to everyone. In my case I was diagnosed with cervical cancer in 1999 and had to undergo three operations to get it all. The only reason it was even *discovered* in time was because I have yearly Pap smears that detect it. Yes, we have this cool new remedy for the HPV virus, but the HPV virus only causes about 80% of cervical cancer - I don't and never had the virus, but I had the cancer. So I'm rather hyper about promoting Pap smears for ALL women.

This is what I was tested for -- cervical. They thought it might be from that virus, too, but that was quickly ruled out. They're going to do a recheck in July because they're still unsure why the "spots" are there. This is the type of cancer my mother had when she was 31.

Breast cancer can be found early through self-examination and keeping up with the doctors appointments. There's a lot of cancers that are now treatable with a high rate of success and full recovery.

My dad had this on both sides and had to have both his breasts removed when he was 39. My sister and I were advised by our doctors to start mamograms when we turned 30, rather than 40 like most women.

Next Tuesday I'm going home to Canada to spend three days with my grandmother, who has pancreatic cancer that has now spread to her lungs. This will be my last visit before she dies, since at this point the doctors are surprised that she's even moving around - she's a tough old bird of 84. She's not upset, she's had a good long life and knew something was going to get her eventually.

My uncle died of lung cancer last summer, but he was a heavy smoker for 50 years or something crazy like that. Good luck on your visit!!!! I know it's going to be hard -- I wish I could've with my uncle.

Please, folks - keep up with the medical appointments, give to the charities when you can and support anyone/everyone who has had to deal with any type of cancer. There but for the grace of God... well, you know the rest.

*end of public service announcement*

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

Thank you for posting this up -- it's so important for everyone to have awareness!!!

jenngreenleaf
03-16-2006, 04:20 AM
That's great, Jenn! Here's a dancing chubby thing to express my happiness to hear this: :e2bouncey

Awww! A thank you! :Hug2:

jenngreenleaf
03-16-2006, 04:22 AM
We're all gladdened at your news--and I hope everyone here was listening to that little voice inside that said "I should self-check, make that appointment, and donate."

Mr. Maryn had a particularly nasty cancer in the mid-90s, but thanks to research and a treatment that was then experimental, his chances of succumbing to that cancer are now lower than the general public's. This is a case where throwing money at a problem works.

Maryn, so glad for Jenn

:Hug2: Thank you! It really scared me because it runs so strongly on both sides of my family. I thought I would come back with a positive result for sure.

I'm so thankful to hear about Mr. Maryn! What a relief that must've been to hear!!

jenngreenleaf
03-16-2006, 04:23 AM
Wonderful news, jenn. You must be so relieved.

EXTREMELY relieved!!! :Hug2: Thank you!!

::crosses fingers that it'll come back clean in July, too::