• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader(s) for interteractive sci-fi wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoLoLu

Registered
Reaction score
It's been a while since I dropped by AW, mostly because real life kept me occupied, but this forum did teach me how to write back in the day and I fear I need the community's help again, only on a slightly atypical matter.

I've recently finished writing a piece of interactive fiction called Scaffold 22. To give you an idea about the content, here's the introduction:

Set in the distant future of the 27th century, you take on the role of Vineo "Vine" Acrel, a former mercenary lieutenant who lives on Scaffold 22, an enormous space station that houses several billion inhabitants.

Each day, citizens of the overpopulated lower levels struggle to survive an existence dictated by profit-obsessed corporations, ruthless crime syndicates, and indifferent private security contractors. Far above, in the world of the rich and prosperous, a perpetual political struggle between the Church of Eden and the Corporate Hegemony rages.

Yet corporate warfare, political intrigue, corruption, and bloody gang wars are only the tip of the iceberg. The abandoned storerooms and gloomy walkways of Scaffold 22 have become home to darker threats: a treacherous Witches Coven that perverts the noble art of science to achieve their ends and the ever-present plague of abominations, hideous affronts to the natural order that deserve nothing less than a swift execution.

Life isn't easy on Scaffold 22 and, while you may have made a name as a vicious mercenary and accomplished abomination hunter, absolution from your past crimes depends entirely the goodwill of the Church of Eden. Your best hope is to negotiate a deal with your employer, Father Zweili, and do whatever it takes to ensure the powers that be will wipe your slate clean.
It's a free-to-play interactive story written in Twine and based on the SugarCube framwork - technical information you probably don't need to know. Being HTML-based it runs on most browsers and mobile devices. Unfortunately for me, it's interactive, designed around multiple possible paths and variables. There's a lot of content to go over - 250'000 words all told - and I'm not convinced the story is as polished as it could be. Basically, I need external feedback to finish what I started and I can't get that sitting in a room, hacking at a keyboard.

So, if you're interested in either reading it through and giving me an opinion or actually have the time to pick through the text end to end, please PM me. For reference, or if you aren't quite sure what I'm talking about, you'll find the story in its current (beta) state here: http://scaffold22.swr-productions.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.