PDA

View Full Version : Flight Bookings Confidential?

la-gamine
06-01-2014, 05:31 AM
So my MC's father leaves the country via plane. I need to prevent her from knowing where he's gone. From what I've read, airlines aren't allowed to give out if a certain person has booked a flight. Is this true? And would it be applicable in 1988 France?

Thanks in advance!

Perks
06-01-2014, 05:38 AM
I know in the early '90s you could call up and ask if soandso was booked on a flight. The time I did it, I was checking on a Frankfurt to Dulles flight.

jclarkdawe
06-01-2014, 05:51 AM
Depended on the airline and who picked up the phone. After a few men complained after their wives found out they were flying to fun spots instead of a work area, and complained, a lot of airlines decided it might not be a good idea to divulge this information.

Best of luck,

Jim Clark-Dawe

veinglory
06-01-2014, 06:11 AM
In recent years this would be treated as private information in the US and UK. A few years ago I had to sign a privacy release to have an airline inform a family member that my fight had changed (I had to get right on the flight and had no cell so I had no way to do it myself).

That said, in the 80s I think it would just depend on company policy and who you got on the phone. That was just before all the privacy stuff came into force.