Coffee question

Gomtuu

Nope, haven't read that one either.
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have a coffee maker at their desk where they work write? I am thinking about putting one in here with me. Am I being lazy? Please, be honest.

Last edited:

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Go for it. It might be just another procrastination tool, but so could going to the kitchen for coffee, or out for coffee.... So why not experiment?

:D

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My kitchen and coffee-maker are close by, and I write on a laptop from several locations, including the kitchen table, so I don't need a pot attached to the laptop (although I do use the cup holder which comes out of the side of my laptop when I press DVD).

However, I've been thinking of hanging an IV tube above my laptop to mainline Chase & Sanborn.:e2coffee:

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I think I don't see how it'd really save that much time/that many steps.

If you have to go fetch water and coffee, and potentially milk, and then not only put, say, milk back but also bring the coffee pot and/or filter to wash and then return and toss the grounds from the kitchen to wherever and back, seems more trouble than just getting up for more coffee.

I suppose if it was one of the pod things it's only a matter of fetching water and potentially milk or what have you and then bringing it back. I dunno, is it that big a difference? Good to stretch?

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
That sounds like a recipe for heart palpitations. There is such a thing as making it too easy! :D

I had an 8AM class in university once where the prof finally started bringing in one of the departmental urns and setting it up at the front of the room. We were all encouraged to tank up because the prof was sick of getting up sooooo early just to watch all of us falling asleep on him.

Rotes

Crazy Opossum Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Walking to Starbucks is the most human interaction I get on a daily basis.
I would avoid anything that might plunge you into complete isolation. We wouldn't want you to end up all Stephen King MC'd.

HEEEEEEEREEE'S JOHNNY

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
How do you feel about instant coffee and a microwave? Coffee and snacks! Esp. if you sit the microwave on top of a bar-sized fridge, which will keep the milk and fruit nice and cool.

Gomtuu

Nope, haven't read that one either.
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all for your feedback. I believe I have my answer. :D

Hot water/steam + computer = potential disaster.

Helix, I am taking your response as gospel. Being a tech guy myself, I should have thought about this one.

Walking to Starbucks is the most human interaction I get on a daily basis.
I would avoid anything that might plunge you into complete isolation. We wouldn't want you to end up all Stephen King MC'd.

HEEEEEEEREEE'S JOHNNY

Working 8-10 hours a day with people constantly "needing" something, I believe I'll be good here :) This is why I come to this message board is to actually interact with human beings that know the difference between "your" and "you're".

Not me. Walking into the kitchen to get more coffee/tea is how I get my daily five minutes walking exercise.

Lord knows I need the exercise. Another great reason to keep the coffee far away!

V.J. Allison

Sunny with a Side of Evilness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vjallison.com
Not me. Walking into the kitchen to get more coffee/tea is how I get my daily five minutes walking exercise.

Same here! I drink mostly instant, so keeping the kettle, sugar, coffee and everything else out in the kitchen is the best idea for me... Plus it forces me to get up and walk around every once in a while, just to get the blood flowing through the legs again.

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
I work in the living room mostly, and the Keurig is about fifteen feet away in the kitchen. Press button--have coffee.

I do have to get up, though. But now that the kid is home from college for the summer, I could bribe him to bring it to me...

Hoplite

Return of the Coffee Shield
Registered
Reaction score
I'm staring at the coffee maker on my desk (at work) as I write this. It's leftover from the last tenet of this desk...now if I only remembered to bring in coffee grounds from home.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Neat idea. But this could lead to accidental mishaps. Coffee spills on manuscript. So no. Not a good idea, imo. Put the coffee maker on a small table or whatnot next to your desk. Now there's a neat arrangement !

Billytwice

Registered
Reaction score
I bought a nifty thermos from the supermarket the other day. It has a mouth shaped spout which you can drink from without bothering to pour the coffee into cups.
I fill it up with sweetened black coffee from an Italian stove top espresso maker. Trouble is you can O D on the stuff and get the eeby-jeebies if you're not careful.