Finished first draft!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeavyAirship

Aboard my phaneron.
Registered
Reaction score
After four months of furious typing I finally got to "The End" of my first novel. When the year began I had no plans to write a novel but thanks to boredom and a little too much free time I have a messy, confusing document full of plot holes that came straight from my brain.

If I had known it would be this easy I would have started a long time ago.

Now it's time for revisions and outlining if the next one. Thank you AW for your support and wisdom. :)

Sweetwheat

Registered
Reaction score
Yaaaaaay. I've made a number of revisions but its time for me to tackle the Big Momma ones. Journey ain't over. ;-)

DVMWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! It's such a feeling of accomplishment!
I hope the revisions go smoothly and you have your finished manuscript soon.

Smeasking

Just call me "Sox" :)
Registered
Reaction score
After four months of furious typing I finally got to "The End" of my first novel. When the year began I had no plans to write a novel but thanks to boredom and a little too much free time I have a messy, confusing document full of plot holes that came straight from my brain.

Now it's time for revisions and outlining if the next one. Thank you AW for your support and wisdom. :)

Congrats! Have fun with revisions, it's a doozy when you've got plot holes. I didn't have plot holes, but I've been stuck in a rut revising just the first chapter, since I finished my novel back in March, lol. :)

BC11

Possibly related to R2-D2
Registered
Reaction score
Best of luck with revisions :D

endearing

in love with Jesus
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! I love that feeling of finishing a first draft. :) Best wishes with the revisions ahead. (I'm in the midst of major plot overhaul... It's a lot of work, but I'm enjoying how it's making my story better.)

GraysonOday

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations!

This is very inspirational for me. I'm still on my first draft and its become quite daunting. I admire your perseverance. Best of luck with the edits.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
CGs! Have a break before that revision and read up on some editing techniques to get ideas. Also eat chocolate or drink Scotch or dunk your chocolate in Scotch and enjoy the accomplishment!

TyUnglebower

A returned visitor.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.TyUnglebower.com

Well done. Getting an entire draft completed, especially for the very first time, is a milestone. It impresses friends, reinforces belief in your own writing abilities, and most importantly brings you one step closer to a finished, polished product.

There's a certain fear attached to a first draft for many people. That they can never write one. But once it's done, man, a lot of doors open. The hard work doesn't go away of course, but suddenly it seems like a matter of work, and not simply a matter of wishes and fears. Best of luck in your next step.

Status
Not open for further replies.