Not open for further replies.

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
I like Dylan Thomas' boathouse. But the place I've always coveted (and which isn't featured in that list) is Noel Coward's Jamaican home, Firefly. It's not so much the house, which is quite plain, but the spectacular view. I visited in a few years ago and the scenery was amazing.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
My two favorites aren't on there. Ray Bradbury's office, and Roald Dalh's little office out back. These are the ones after my heart, especially Bradbury's, but Dalh's is great, too.

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
None of these inspire awe in me, although most of them look pleasant enough to work in.

Of course, I work in a nook that's barely a metre square, and it's perfectly lovely. :D Writers don't need much space; we've got whole worlds to explore in our heads.

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
So I'm a wet blanket but I liked Steven King's story about finally getting out of the cellar or where ever it was he did his writing when he got a nice new house with his writing money and setting up with a fancy desk & a view - & then not being able to write - was it the view, I think? So he moved back into the cellar or something.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Ray Bradbury's house was actually on the market a few days ago -- it may be still.

It's all the trinkets and doodads in his office that made it spectacular. I don't collect nearly as many such things as he did because I lack the room, but I have a few.

JustSarah

Registered
Reaction score
Website
about.me
I like the one with the cork roofing and walls to block out noise. I'm not sure how effective it would be though. I can hear someone kicking their fence about six houses down with ear buds in my ears sometimes.

Last edited:

cmi0616

Registered
Reaction score
A pool table in the writing room? For me, that just seems to be asking for trouble. I'd never get a lot of work done in most of those rooms.

My ideal "writer's room" is a small, white, windowless room with a desk and a really comfy chair. Oh, and a coffee maker.

phantasy

I write weird stories.
Registered
Reaction score
Seems like no one wants to work in a dank pit no more.

JustSarah

Registered
Reaction score
Website
about.me
I have an Einstein room, without half his wit.:/

Sorry, that was a reference to a youtube comment about "you know hes a genius if he has a messy room."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.