PDA

View Full Version : Goals for my novel...

GrammarshineHyena
05-24-2014, 07:35 AM
I'm currently writing a science fiction novel, and I figured it would be useful to lay out some goals. I guess whenever I accomplish a goal, I'll come back here and cross it off the list. Wish me luck, guys. c:

goals (in no particular order)

finish at least half of the novel
choose a title
decide how to end the story
completely finish writing
publish novel
sell books and get rich!

and the bonus goal:
have it made into a movie starring Adam Young (lawl, just kidding; it would be awesome, but that's never going to happen)

HeavyAirship
05-24-2014, 11:12 AM
That about covers it.

Since it's a science fiction story you might want to add "influence and inspire the future of technology for generations to come" to your list.

Siri Kirpal
05-24-2014, 09:44 PM
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Rooting for you!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Sweetwheat
05-25-2014, 11:37 AM
That's the way to do it!!!
My goal: have others love the way I do.
Oh, dear heart, do beat slowly!!!

GrammarshineHyena
05-26-2014, 07:31 AM
That about covers it.

Since it's a science fiction story you might want to add "influence and inspire the future of technology for generations to come" to your list.

Heh. It's not actually that kind of science fiction, but thanks. c:

GrammarshineHyena
05-26-2014, 07:31 AM
Thank you, Siri Kirpal and Sweetwheat as well. c:

Phaeal
05-26-2014, 04:40 PM
Have at it with the goals! Each step forward is one you won't have to take tomorrow, unless, of course, you time travel backward to play the stock market.

TyUnglebower
05-27-2014, 09:40 PM
Crossing things off of a goals list provides satisfaction that would seem to outweigh the ease of doing so. I have a list of writing goals for the day, for the year as well. That simple line running through a goal completed does wonders for self-confidence. It's not a requirement, but I sure get a lot out of it, and hopefully you too will feel good as you cross out each item.

sadron
05-28-2014, 11:30 AM
Good luck with your project! :)

dantefrizzoli
06-06-2014, 08:56 AM
I like the idea of setting a title after the novel is written. This way you can create something that can be intriguing, yet hints toward what the book will be about.

spikeman4444
06-10-2014, 01:19 AM
Nice stepping stones to success

Gunzen
06-12-2014, 05:25 AM
I'm currently writing a science fiction novel, and I figured it would be useful to lay out some goals. I guess whenever I accomplish a goal, I'll come back here and cross it off the list. Wish me luck, guys. c:

goals (in no particular order)

finish at least half of the novel
choose a title
decide how to end the story
completely finish writing
publish novel
sell books and get rich!

and the bonus goal:
have it made into a movie starring Adam Young (lawl, just kidding; it would be awesome, but that's never going to happen)

GL with that, the sense of accomplishment of finishing a book is pretty amazing.