PDA

View Full Version : How Do Air Force Counterintelligence Investigations Work?

asnys
05-21-2014, 10:24 PM
So, my MC is driving around the country asking retirees questions about a fifty-year-old top-secret government project. He believes this top-secret project is still around and still super-secret. It isn't - it was proved unworkable and abandoned - but some of the retirees don't know that, and believe it succeeded and remained super-black (they weren't directly involved in the project). And one of those retirees, being a patriot and believing the MC is nosing around a secret as big as the A-bomb, calls somebody he knows in Air Force counterintelligence.

I'm trying to figure out how the Air Force would investigate this. AFOSI aren't going to know anything about this project - the surviving records are all fifty years old and would take weeks to dig out of archives. And the retiree who calls them doesn't really know much either - he knows the project existed, saw it suddenly disappear, and believes it succeeded and went deep underground. I would assume that they would have some kind of procedure for handling this - given the strictures of need-to-know, I would guess they can't know about all of the secret projects going on.

Does anyone know how the Air Force would investigate something like this?

ironmikezero
05-21-2014, 11:05 PM
You have a PM.