William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
i just wanted to thank all of you who've visited and contributed to the poetry forum over these past few months. there's been some wonderful work shared and a lot of stimulating conversation.

i hope it's been helpful to you in your writing, your understanding and your appreciation of poetry and that you'll all continue to be a regular part of the dialogue here.

-william

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
And I would have to say thanks in return for all of the great feedback, reading material, thoughtful conversation and fun...I'm having a blast!
so thanks for being so welcoming to a newbie and letting me play on your playground!

Trish

kdnxdr

One of the most important people in the world
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
steadydrip.blogspot.com
William, I don't know what prompted this thread, please don't say it's preliminary to a farewell.

You've given great opportunity for all of us to "reach" and heaven has been so near....................

kid

dahmnait

Just a figment…
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
When you figure it out, will you let me know?
Quote:
please don't say it's preliminary to a farewell.
Saritams8 said:
He's our Moderator Extraordinaire... He's stuck here.
We could always chain him to AW at the slightest hint. He's already got the skeletal look going, we won't even need to feed him.

Seriously, William, you are a big reason why poetry forum runs so strong.

William Haskins said:
i hope it's been helpful to you in your writing, your understanding and your appreciation of poetry and that you'll all continue to be a regular part of the dialogue here.
You can't get rid of me now, and there will come a day that you wish you could.

I am just glad that I stumbled across these boards, even though these was no addictive quality warnings.

ddgryphon

King of Sloth Town
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I'm so grateful to have found this forum, as it helped keep the battery of my recharged poetry muse powered up. I've done more poetry in the last few weeks than I've done in the last 10 years.

You guys keep me charged and thinking, and I thank you for it.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
kdnxdr said:
William, I don't know what prompted this thread, please don't say it's preliminary to a farewell.

you never know. i could be hit by a bus right outside (if i read the schedule correctly).

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am the one who should be forwarding the thanks. I've been the biggest pain in the a$$ with my questions. So thanks, all.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
NeuroFizz said:
I am the one who should be forwarding the thanks. I've been the biggest pain in the a$$ with my questions.
No way. Will's right. Your questions are great spring boards. I just wish more people would get involved in them! They really get me thinking in directions I wouldn't have otherwise gone. So, thank you!

I think the community we've got going is great, some real thinkers, some real talent. It's nice to know that we have somewhere to share our work that will receive intelligent, constructive response. Thanks everyone!

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Where else can I come to harass and harangue you with such delight? Especially since you got that restraining order against me...

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Carpe diem.

You've brought a lot of people into this cave, William. Thank you and congratulations.

PrettySpecialGal

roll, roll, roll in ze hay
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, William, you are quite inspiring. I love that you have such a gift for poetry and you choose to share with us. I love that you encourage us ALL to better ourselves through poetry- even those of us who are not poets.

Thanks for it all.

and please don't let this be goodbye.

Last edited:

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for being such a great mod here, William.

And don't leave again. Remember what happened last time? AW went into absolute chaos. The boards were inaccessible and the only thing open was the chatroom, which hardly anybody uses. People lost their posts, PM's, rep points... And then we got that Hilly Waskins guy. And then some stupid idiot (who shall remain nameless) thought you had come back to AW as BillyThrilly7.

Don't throw us back into the abyss, William. Please?