PDA

View Full Version : just a note of thanks.

William Haskins
03-14-2006, 10:23 PM
i just wanted to thank all of you who've visited and contributed to the poetry forum over these past few months. there's been some wonderful work shared and a lot of stimulating conversation.

i hope it's been helpful to you in your writing, your understanding and your appreciation of poetry and that you'll all continue to be a regular part of the dialogue here.

-william

rhymegirl
03-14-2006, 10:29 PM
You're welcome, daddy.

Stew21
03-14-2006, 10:33 PM
And I would have to say thanks in return for all of the great feedback, reading material, thoughtful conversation and fun...I'm having a blast!
so thanks for being so welcoming to a newbie and letting me play on your playground!

Trish

kdnxdr
03-14-2006, 10:34 PM
William, I don't know what prompted this thread, please don't say it's preliminary to a farewell.

You've given great opportunity for all of us to "reach" and heaven has been so near....................

kid

Sarita
03-14-2006, 11:02 PM
please don't say it's preliminary to a farewell.He's our Moderator Extraordinaire... He's stuck here.

dahmnait
03-14-2006, 11:11 PM
Quote:
please don't say it's preliminary to a farewell.

He's our Moderator Extraordinaire... He's stuck here.We could always chain him to AW at the slightest hint. He's already got the skeletal look going, we won't even need to feed him.

Seriously, William, you are a big reason why poetry forum runs so strong.

i hope it's been helpful to you in your writing, your understanding and your appreciation of poetry and that you'll all continue to be a regular part of the dialogue here.You can't get rid of me now, and there will come a day that you wish you could.

I am just glad that I stumbled across these boards, even though these was no addictive quality warnings.

ddgryphon
03-14-2006, 11:26 PM
I'm so grateful to have found this forum, as it helped keep the battery of my recharged poetry muse powered up. I've done more poetry in the last few weeks than I've done in the last 10 years.

You guys keep me charged and thinking, and I thank you for it.

William Haskins
03-14-2006, 11:50 PM
William, I don't know what prompted this thread, please don't say it's preliminary to a farewell.

you never know. i could be hit by a bus right outside (if i read the schedule correctly).

NeuroFizz
03-15-2006, 12:04 AM
I am the one who should be forwarding the thanks. I've been the biggest pain in the a$$ with my questions. So thanks, all.

William Haskins
03-15-2006, 12:12 AM
your questions spur a lot of good discussions.

Sarita
03-15-2006, 02:17 AM
I am the one who should be forwarding the thanks. I've been the biggest pain in the a$$ with my questions. No way. Will's right. Your questions are great spring boards. I just wish more people would get involved in them! They really get me thinking in directions I wouldn't have otherwise gone. So, thank you!

I think the community we've got going is great, some real thinkers, some real talent. It's nice to know that we have somewhere to share our work that will receive intelligent, constructive response. Thanks everyone!

brokenfingers
03-15-2006, 02:22 AM
Where else can I come to harass and harangue you with such delight? Especially since you got that restraining order against me...

poetinahat
03-15-2006, 08:38 AM
Carpe diem.

You've brought a lot of people into this cave, William. Thank you and congratulations.

PrettySpecialGal
03-15-2006, 09:09 AM
Actually, William, you are quite inspiring. I love that you have such a gift for poetry and you choose to share with us. I love that you encourage us ALL to better ourselves through poetry- even those of us who are not poets.

Thanks for it all.

and please don't let this be goodbye.

louisgodwin
03-15-2006, 11:58 AM
Thanks for being such a great mod here, William.

And don't leave again. Remember what happened last time? AW went into absolute chaos. The boards were inaccessible and the only thing open was the chatroom, which hardly anybody uses. People lost their posts, PM's, rep points... And then we got that Hilly Waskins guy. And then some stupid idiot (who shall remain nameless) thought you had come back to AW as BillyThrilly7.

Don't throw us back into the abyss, William. Please?

Paint
03-15-2006, 09:33 PM
I am just tickled pink that we have a moderator that can keep us poets in line. History has proven we need this...

Hats off to you William!