PDA

View Full Version : My goals....

Overkill
05-19-2014, 04:27 PM
Good morning all.

My goals for writing are pretty simple- First, I need to create a nice, comfortable workspace for myself, which I intend to do once I find a new apartment this summer. Second, I need to take the time to actually get back to writing, which I intend to do once number one is accomplished.

I also want to go back and do a massive edit on my first release to make it look the way it should, as I rushed it out and did not give it the care it deserved.

Writing wise, I want to do a sequel, or a few, to my first novel. I would also like to take my first one an adapt it for the big screen, then hopefully move on from that and do other screenplays.

Lots of ambition there. As long as I actually make those things a priority I will be able to accomplish them. The one thing that, for some reason, tends to discourage me is my age. I sit there saying to myself, "Goodness you are about to be 47. How many writers start that late? Heck, how many ever get published that late in the game." I am my own biggest critic. But I intend to work hard to make all this happen.

and it all starts with a simple move.....

Have a great day everyone,

Greg

Phaeal
05-19-2014, 06:00 PM
Good luck with your goals and don't worry about the age thing. Good writers are brandy and get better over the decades. Ask one who knows, at least about the decades. ;)

Siri Kirpal
05-19-2014, 10:06 PM
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

My dear young person, I am 61. First book published at age 49. Wanted to write at age 7 and did a little, but had to clear the inner decks before I was able to get on with it.

Here's to success!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal