• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a Beta Reader/Critiquer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrishaM

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I'm good for now.

I am looking for a beta reader/critiquer with interests in many genres and lengths. I currently write Fantasy, Horror/Thriller, Science Fiction, and anything else which catches my fancy and imagination.

I do not write romance or erotica. There may be romance in the story, but it is not the story.

As to the lengths...they vary as much as the fish in the sea. A story of mine could be 2k or 100k+ words long. It all depends on the story and what my mind has decided to write.

I am looking for someone who would read these stories and give me honest feedback. I want to know if a sentence is wrong or a paragraph doesn't work or if even a chapter needs to be reworked. I just need a person to read the story, make comments as they go, and then send it back with their honest opinion.

I do not want someone who is afraid to be honest because honesty is all I want. I am not afraid of the truth.

Why am I doing this? I already have a beta reader/critiquer but not only have I buried him in my works, but he also has his own things going on in life, which make it hard for him to read my things.

Please PM me if you are interested in helping me and I will send you the first chapter of my latest write, "The First 18 Days" which is in the horror genre.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.