PDA

View Full Version : How many rep points do you have?

Lantern Jack
03-14-2006, 12:49 PM
I have 87, but you have to weigh that against a paltry 769 posts:Trophy:

SC Harrison
03-14-2006, 05:10 PM
I'm not sure what it means, but I have 232.

eldragon
03-14-2006, 05:16 PM
268 points total

poetinahat
03-14-2006, 05:27 PM
I have 87, but you have to weigh that against a paltry 769 postshttp://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/EmoteTrophy.gif

Finally: the thread that had to happen, delivered by the man who had to do it.

You've now got 88, joker.

Spirit_Fire
03-14-2006, 05:45 PM
Bummer, I've only got 13 so far. Can somebody give me some more?

I don't know what they're used for, but I think I'd like to have more anyway!

rtilryarms
03-14-2006, 05:58 PM
I think Maestro has over 2,000

William Haskins
03-14-2006, 06:16 PM
13 1/2

Noob
03-14-2006, 06:30 PM
I got the grand total of 23!!!

(or - the 10 i started with, its only 13) *s*

robeiae
03-14-2006, 06:31 PM
I have 0. I had one william gave me for calling Kant a pansy. But I lost it when Mac gave me a negative rp... for calling Kant a pansy. Oh, well...

Rob :)

P.S. Kant is a pansy.

Godfather
03-14-2006, 06:36 PM
44... i dont know whether thats good or bad...

Perks
03-14-2006, 06:44 PM
If rep points were dollars, I'd have enough to buy a vat of oatmeal, in which I could tapdance.

underthecity
03-14-2006, 06:47 PM
327, but receiving rep points always gives me a lift.

Hint hint.

allen

William Haskins
03-14-2006, 07:11 PM
P.S. Kant is a pansy.

you have 1 again (until mac arrives)

rhymegirl
03-14-2006, 07:55 PM
I have 10,000 rep points. ;)

And is this becoming the I beg for rep points thread???

stormie
03-14-2006, 07:59 PM
I have 10,000 rep points.

10,000? 10,000???!! *&^%$#!! Okay, okay, I'm calming down. The storm has passed.

rhymegirl
03-14-2006, 08:00 PM
No, I was just kidding. I'll send you a note to tell you how many I really have.

Celia Cyanide
03-14-2006, 08:01 PM
I'm not great enough that the board has run out of compliments for me. :(

robeiae
03-14-2006, 08:13 PM
Yet you are a glorious beacon of light, figuratively speaking...:D

Shadow_Ferret
03-14-2006, 08:20 PM
I have 155. And every one of them is special. Thank you all.

How long do the rep comments stay in que? Doesn't that take up valuable server space?

Sarita
03-14-2006, 08:22 PM
Please don't let this turn into a bonking thread... Please don't let this turn into a bonking thread... Please don't let this turn into a bonking thread... Please don't let this turn into a bonking thread... Please don't let this turn into a bonking thread... Please don't let this turn into a bonking thread... Please don't let this turn into a bonking thread...

William Haskins
03-14-2006, 08:27 PM
turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on...

Sarita
03-14-2006, 08:28 PM
turn the blobs back on... We'd be blinded by your glory if they did...

Shadow_Ferret
03-14-2006, 08:32 PM
Bonking? :Shrug:

I'm a little slow this morning.

William Haskins
03-14-2006, 08:36 PM
We'd be blinded by your glory if they did...

that would teach you.

stormie
03-14-2006, 08:49 PM
Bonking? :Shrug:

I'm a little slow this morning.

You had to be here Feb. and March 2005. Bonking was the rage. Only I didn't get bonked much. (Ahem, "bonking" means giving and getting rep points. Some people got a lot, and you could see how many points they had, right under their avatar. 100 points= one green bar.) Anyone want to give me a rep point? Please??? PLEASE???? I'm staying calm.

Shadow_Ferret
03-14-2006, 09:07 PM
Oh!

My mind was in the gutter. ;)

Again with the new page and lack of reference! :(

rhymegirl
03-14-2006, 09:08 PM
I already gave you one, stormie. :)

William, Sara, Rob and I are in the "We've run out of appropriate compliments" club. But then again we're "old-timers" who have been hanging out at AW for quite a spell! Maybe at this point, we should get some insults!

Ah yes, the bonking thread. And the blobs!! I wonder how many blobs I'd have today.

Newcomers missed out on all that blobbing, bonking fun!!

Lantern Jack
03-14-2006, 09:31 PM

Make that 88, joker.

Much thanks, good sir.

Here's a question: How come you can only view rep points after you've changed your profile?

Lantern Jack
03-14-2006, 09:34 PM
13 1/2

You do not!

Well, okay then. I'm going to give you one a day until you've got at least as many as I do now. At least, unless this is a play on our sympathies and you've already got a vast warehouse of rep points and you're stockpiling and stockpiling like the Ottoman Empire while all the poor serfs who are your footstool are starved for rep points:)

Lantern Jack
03-14-2006, 09:40 PM
I have 10,000 rep points. ;)

Hmmm, my new mission in life:

To sneak onto your profile page, steal your 10,000 rep points, super-heat them until they melt, pour them into a cylindrical mold, cool them, pound out the imperfections with a mallet, and beat the crap out of you with your own rep points. Then atomize your rep points, pour them into my hourglass, then we be the master!

Aint I a demented, little imp? (rhetorical question, don't answer that Haskins!);)

Lantern Jack
03-14-2006, 09:46 PM
Ha!

You're the sweetest radioactive mutants I ever terrorized this lifeless globe, and Vincent Price, with!

I just logged on to my rep point page to look at the extra one added by Poet, and I'm, (believe it!) up to 95, and the funny thing is, I really did not start this thread to rep point-beg. Actually, I really think rep points should be weighed against total posts, for them to be put into their proper context:tongue

rich
03-14-2006, 09:50 PM
I received some ten more rep points since I posted in the other rep review thread. I will give anybody a positive rep point who'll give me a negative one. You can say something nice in the remarks column though.

Yeshanu
03-14-2006, 09:57 PM
I have a few more than I had this morning, which is a few more than I had yesterday.

William Haskins
03-14-2006, 09:59 PM
i'm now down to 10

robeiae
03-14-2006, 10:01 PM
I have a few more than I had this morning, which is a few more than I had yesterday.
Sounds like acne...there's a cream for that, you know.

dahmnait
03-14-2006, 10:01 PM
Actually, I really think rep points should be weighed against total posts, for them to be put into their proper context:tongue
The proper equation: (Rep Points x Number of Posts) / Time on Board = x

and x equals...oh wow, would you look at that...

Christine N.
03-14-2006, 10:03 PM
787, and I did get quite a few during the Great Bonk of 2005...

robeiae
03-14-2006, 10:05 PM
I still have your nylons...

Yeshanu
03-14-2006, 10:10 PM

I'll have to say that I came by mine honestly. I've never been bonked on this board...

rhymegirl
03-14-2006, 10:11 PM
And did you guys know that if you're real nice to Jenna and Charlie and they happen to rep you, they give 10 points at a time! So if you're short on points, let the compliments fly!

oswann
03-14-2006, 10:12 PM
Nine blobs at the height of my reign. Suck on that.

Os.

Maryn
03-14-2006, 10:31 PM
I don't even want to know. I'm pathetic, caring, but damn it, I do!

Maryn, who really needs to get out more

kristie911
03-14-2006, 10:44 PM
I currently have 73 rep points. I was sitting at 72 for a long time but I got another one last night. Thanks Poet!!

Is this where I start shamelessly begging for more points? If I say that it makes me feel better about myself will I get more?

I'm very sad that I missed the Great Bonking of 2005...it's sounds like so much fun! Or maybe that's my mind hanging out in the gutter again.

Noob
03-14-2006, 11:16 PM
Posted earlyer i had 23 - and baddabing baddaboom - ding 32 rep points :)

Thanks all <3

mdin
03-14-2006, 11:26 PM
You can still check other people's rep aura by hovering your mouse just under the "p" in "posts" which is right below "location"

For example, under Maryn it says "Maryn is better than ice cream with hot fudge."

trumancoyote
03-14-2006, 11:27 PM
It's true, you know. She is.

WerenCole
03-14-2006, 11:38 PM
I skipped the bonking and whatnot. . . must have been drunk.

I have a grand total of !!*&*. . . thanks folks, appreciate your business.

trumancoyote
03-14-2006, 11:42 PM
That's because you're an *******.

Old Hack
03-14-2006, 11:43 PM
I'd never heard of The Great Bonk before. Wish I'd played... the things I miss.

I've got a huge 101 rep points: huge because I've not made many posts, and frankly I'm astonished that anyone has ever paid attention to anything I've ever said here! Some of my more treasured ones are those from Jenna (not that I'd suck up to anyone, you understand), and the recent one which contained a proposal of marriage (which I'm still considering, sweetie-pie, so you'd better brace yourself, just in case).

I'm still waiting for one from Haskins. A rep point, that is, not a proposal of marriage. That would be too scary. Too scary by half.

Noob
03-14-2006, 11:44 PM
You can still check other people's rep aura by hovering your mouse just under the "p" in "posts" which is right below "location"

For example, under Maryn it says "Maryn is better than ice cream with hot fudge."

Hm.. for some reason that dont work... Mabye just a feature the ppl that are "oldtimers" on this forum have?

Stew21
03-14-2006, 11:45 PM
Hm.. for some reason that dont work... Mabye just a feature the ppl that are "oldtimers" on this forum have?

nope. I'm a newbie and I can do it!

Old Hack
03-14-2006, 11:51 PM
That mouse-hovering thing works! I didn't know about it before. It is tricky--the mouse has to be in exactly the right position for it to work, but now I've seen how to do it I'll spy on all of your reputations. Thanks for that, Oh Great Navigator. I feel a rep-point ready to go!

blacbird
03-14-2006, 11:55 PM

Which brings up a question: Where the hell is he, anyway?

caw.

blacbird
03-14-2006, 11:57 PM
Which brings up an observation: We could now determine, empirically, the "House of Love"/"House of Hate" scoreboard. Number of posts divided by Rep points. How's your score stack up?

caw.

rhymegirl
03-15-2006, 12:07 AM
Which brings up a question: Where the hell is he, anyway?

caw.

He's doing a book tour in outer space. I think he's on Venus right now.

Noob
03-15-2006, 12:12 AM
nope. I'm a newbie and I can do it!

Strange.... dont work for me, and yes i have tryed hoover all over the place. Not that it is so usefull, but annoying if all others can do it - just not me... hehe

Nm.. found it.. patience patience... oh how many times didnt i wish i could buy that in the stores :D

rhymegirl
03-15-2006, 12:16 AM
Noob, have you tried hovering your mouse arrow underneath other members' word "Posts"?

When I hover it under your posts I don't see any words but that could be because you don't have enough rep points to have a title yet. Titles are things like Glorious Beacon of Light, Has a Spectacular Aura, and I can't remember some of the other ones.

Shadow_Ferret
03-15-2006, 12:21 AM
Where are we hovering? Posts? What posts?

(Sorry if that sounded snippy. I"m still not 100%)

William Haskins
03-15-2006, 12:21 AM
bring back the goddamn blobs!

revolution now!

robeiae
03-15-2006, 12:23 AM
I think he's on Venus right now.
I'm sure he'd prefer to be on Uranus...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHA...HAHAha...haha... ....ha

Stew21
03-15-2006, 12:26 AM

I had to send you points for that...my boss is trying to figure out what the hell is so funny in here..."nothing boss, Rob just made a butt joke!hehehehe"

rhymegirl
03-15-2006, 12:27 AM

Rob, you are gonna start losing some rep points for that.

rhymegirl
03-15-2006, 12:31 AM
Where are we hovering? Posts? What posts?

(Sorry if that sounded snippy. I"m still not 100%)

Shadow, it says you are a shiny, shiny jewel.

Jaycinth
03-15-2006, 12:35 AM
..... have you tried hovering your mouse arrow underneath other members' word "Posts"?

Maybe my mouse just doesn't like me. Maybe I ought to take the darn thing an soak it in mustard and vicks ointment.:cry:

rhymegirl
03-15-2006, 12:38 AM
Maybe my mouse just doesn't like me. Maybe I ought to take the darn thing an soak it in mustard and vicks ointment.:cry:

Jay, it's a very delicate procedure. When you hover, you have to wait a few seconds to see the words appear. And you have to stick your mouse in just the right place.

It says under yours that you've "earned our admiration".

Old Hack
03-15-2006, 12:39 AM
Rob, you are gonna start losing some rep points for that.

Nope, I just gave him one...!

rhymegirl
03-15-2006, 12:40 AM
Well, I am gonna take some away.

awatkins
03-15-2006, 12:43 AM
Noob "is on a distinguished road." It's there, but kinda hard to find unless you hover in just the right place. :D

rhymegirl
03-15-2006, 12:52 AM
Noob "is on a distinguished road." It's there, but kinda hard to find unless you hover in just the right place. :D

Hmmm...despite all my hovering, I still don't see that for Noob. I see everybody else's though. It makes sense that she should have some kind of title at this point. It's been a while since I've been on a distinguished road.

veinglory
03-15-2006, 12:59 AM
Hey, I have 483--I had no idea. I thought they were gone not just invisibalized.

Apparently I 'leave trails of profuse coolness' which sounds more like a leak in the hydralics than anything else...

Old Hack
03-15-2006, 01:05 AM
Apparently I 'leave trails of profuse coolness' which sounds more like a leak in the hydralics than anything else...

Hey, I have a car which does that. You have to love Land Rovers, don't you?

rich
03-15-2006, 01:05 AM
Hmmm, my suspicion is that the info was visibalized by some clause in the Patriot Act.

Godfather
03-15-2006, 01:25 AM
what if i said im gettin one dollar for every rep point i recieve,
which is going to diagnose me against fault.

rep me and ill be perfect.

CaroGirl
03-15-2006, 01:34 AM
I'm on a distinguished road but would love to have a spectacular aura, or be a shiny, shiny jewel. C'mon people. Make me a jewel, wouldja?

Shadow_Ferret
03-15-2006, 01:36 AM
Shiny shiny. That's like shiny squared or just twice as shiny?

Elincoln
03-15-2006, 01:36 AM
I agree with Sara. Bonking was fun, but they started to seem empty. Like you were just giving them away.

I prefer to earn them.

robeiae
03-15-2006, 01:54 AM
I'm on a distinguished road but would love to have a spectacular aura, or be a shiny, shiny jewel. C'mon people. Make me a jewel, wouldja?
William can make you a shiny jewel, but you'll have to give him your pancreas...

CaroGirl
03-15-2006, 01:55 AM
William can make you a shiny jewel, but you'll have to give him your pancreas...
Oh dear, I think I need that... don't I?

Shadow_Ferret
03-15-2006, 02:00 AM
No, no. The pancreas is a throwaway.

It's the appendix you need.

Trust me.

*shudders as he realizes he's gone to the dark side*

brokenfingers
03-15-2006, 02:03 AM
For those who might be interested in knowing about the fun that was had back then, and what went on when you could see the rep's - as well as the ensuing debate when bonking started, here are some threads to amuse you:

Blob Madness Grows (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10143&highlight=bonk)

The Great Rep and Bonk Debate (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11480&highlight=bonk)

stormie
03-15-2006, 02:04 AM
I am now a glorious beacon of light! Thanks, all, for your bonks! Finally, I see the rainbow after the storm! Calm seas ahead! I can't stop using exclamation points!

CaroGirl
03-15-2006, 02:06 AM
No, no. The pancreas is a throwaway.

It's the appendix you need.

Trust me.

*shudders as he realizes he's gone to the dark side*
Shadow, I no longer trust you. But I have a strange admiration for (and healthy fear of) your dark side. I shall hang on to my pancreas thank you.

brokenfingers
03-15-2006, 02:19 AM
Here also is a reference guide for rep points and the comments underneath your posts:

What are the reputation levels?
User is infamous around these parts: -999999

User isn't playing nicely with others: -30

User has shown some questionable behavior: -10

User is an unknown quantity at this point: 0

User is on a distinguished road: 10

User is well-respected: 50

User has a spectacular aura: 80

User is a shiny, shiny jewel: 125

User is a glorious beacon of light: 175

User is a splendid one to behold: 250

User has earned our admiration: 300

User leaves trails of profuse coolness: 400

User should run for President: 500

User has a golden reputation: 600

User has a double-platinum reputation: 700

User is better than ice cream with hot fudge: 800

User is a candidate for sainthood: 900

User is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments: 1000

rich
03-15-2006, 02:29 AM
Hell, there must be some state of Nirvana beyond 1000. Within a Zen perspective, might I suggest a turning back of the odometer to zero points?

writerterri
03-15-2006, 02:31 AM
Hey, did you guys notice that I'm the only one who doesn't have one of those warning things next to that tree lookin' thingy that allows rep points to be born?

It's 'cause I can do no wrong. I have 471 rep points.

wait...... scroll down

I just thought of something.......scroll some more.......

Perhaps....

I am.............

the only one......

who can't........

see.....

the darn thingy.........

do you........

think that can be

true?.......................

do you see yours? ........

are you still with me? k........scroll down some more, it will be worth it.....

What sits at a computer and blindly.......

follows........

dumb......

comands and is.........

g

u

l

l

i

b

l

e?

scroll down....c'mon! You've already came this far.....

go look in the mirror then come back........

are you back? K .....

you have the answer?

post it and I'll give you a rep point.

:tongue

rich
03-15-2006, 02:33 AM
Ah, too much saying too little.

dahmnait
03-15-2006, 02:35 AM
umm, is this a good time to tell you that you spelled gullible wrong?

I don't typically point those things out, but hey, I actually scrolled back up to check.

writerterri
03-15-2006, 02:40 AM
is it one 'l' ?

dahmnait
03-15-2006, 02:41 AM
i instead of a :)

Sarita
03-15-2006, 02:43 AM
William, Sara, Rob and I are in the "We've run out of appropriate compliments" club. But then again we're "old-timers" who have been hanging out at AW for quite a spell! Maybe at this point, we should get some insults!
Like:

User has too much time on their hands: 2000
User should get a life: 3000

*hey, I'm insulting myself here too...

writerterri
03-15-2006, 02:43 AM
ty

triceretops
03-15-2006, 02:44 AM
I got 622 and pandered for every damn one of them. I'm more pizzed about being kicked off the first page on the member's list for the amount of posts. Why? I haven't been newbie hugging, like I should! That's the only way I stayed there!

Tri

writerterri
03-15-2006, 02:45 AM
Like:

User has too much time on their hands: 2000
User should get a life: 3000

*hey, I'm insulting myself here too...

was that an inside thing? :tongue

reph
03-15-2006, 02:50 AM
He's doing a book tour in outer space. I think he's on Venus right now.
He heard women were from there. He went to see if there were any left.

Stew21
03-15-2006, 02:55 AM
I just took a look at my rep points...most of them are from the Haikuicide thread...I think I need to get out and around more. "Well, she doesn't really do much of anything around the forum, but she can write a mean haiku." :Shrug:

Lantern Jack
03-15-2006, 03:18 AM
For all of you people who miss being bonked, I invite you to my home in Lockport, New York, where I shall bonk you till strawberry jams oozes out of your ears.

One question: Would you prefer the Louisville Slugger or the aluminum ball bat?

Lantern Jack
03-15-2006, 03:22 AM
Thanks to Eldragon, I now have 100. Thanks to all you people who brought me within grasping range of "Shiny, shiny jewel"!

Now there's only one question: Should I charge for my ball bat bonkings or give it away for free?

Medievalist
03-15-2006, 03:24 AM
turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on... turn the blobs back on..

Geeze . . . look a little closer William. Think like a geek.

awatkins
03-15-2006, 04:20 AM
Terri, you have a warning thing next to that 'tree lookin' thingy that allows rep points to be born,' too. You just can't see your own; nobody sees their own. ;)

rhymegirl
03-15-2006, 04:21 AM
I guess I should thank LJ for starting this thread. I got 17 rep points all in one day. I think that's a record for me. Shameless, isn't it?

Unique
03-15-2006, 04:37 AM
I guess I should thank LJ for starting this thread. I got 17 rep points all in one day. I think that's a record for me. Shameless, isn't it?

hussy

rich
03-15-2006, 04:45 AM
Slut

Dawno
03-15-2006, 04:50 AM
hmmm - getting a bit contentious here - should I move this to TIO? :)

If I do, how many pts. will you give me? ;)

Yeshanu
03-15-2006, 06:30 AM

I only got fourteen today. C'mon, folks! Help me beat rhymegirl. She's got too many already!

Squidgygirl
03-15-2006, 06:56 AM
I've only got 14 in total :o

I think I'll go and hide for a while. You've all put me to shame...

dahmnait
03-15-2006, 06:57 AM

I only got fourteen today. C'mon, folks! Help me beat rhymegirl. She's got too many already! Hah. I got two from this thread today. That is more than both of ... oh wait, nevermind.

writerterri
03-15-2006, 07:03 AM

You've now got 88, joker.

I was going to say that, (rep point comment) (in mine) why didn't I!!!

and I was going to call you a liar then my brain caught up with a few cells and I figured it out.

writerterri
03-15-2006, 07:04 AM
Slut

moron

Angela
03-15-2006, 07:05 AM
:e2thud: Oh, Good Gracious. Every one of you needs a sound spanking. :D

writerterri
03-15-2006, 07:06 AM
I prefere the noisy kind. *yeeeouch!*

SC Harrison
03-15-2006, 07:16 AM
:e2thud: Oh, Good Gracious. Every one of you needs a sound spanking. :D

I can't buy a spanking anymore. Well, I guess I could, but that would be beyond sad.

Shwebb
03-15-2006, 07:20 AM
Sure, you can buy a spanking, Harrison. It'll cost you one rep point. Those wanting to advance to the next level of nirvana will be lining up 'round the corner and have paddles in hand. :e2moon: :whip:

robeiae
03-15-2006, 07:25 AM
Oh, Good Gracious. Every one of you needs a sound spanking.
I believe that's my department. Line up quickly...last one gets double.

rhymegirl
03-15-2006, 07:36 AM
I only got fourteen today. C'mon, folks! Help me beat rhymegirl. She's got too many already!

Sorry, Yeshanu. I just did a re-count. I've got at least 30 for today. I'm going into retirement now. It was nice knowing all of you. I'm packing up my rep points and going on a trip.

robeiae
03-15-2006, 07:38 AM
I got -1.

kristie911
03-15-2006, 08:24 AM
I got -1.

Nope, I just gave you one for the Uranus comment...it made me, and my juvenile sense of humor, laugh.

Now for the shameless begging because I'm only two away from:

User has a spectacular aura: 80

I'm on my knees here...please? Please? Please? Please?

Pretty please send me more rep points...

And to those that did...thank you. May the writing Gods smile on your work.

WerenCole
03-15-2006, 08:32 AM
For all of you people who miss being bonked, I invite you to my home in Lockport, New York, where I shall bonk you till strawberry jams oozes out of your ears.

One question: Would you prefer the Louisville Slugger or the aluminum ball bat?

Hmmm. . . it seems we have a different definition of bonking. . . I bonk until something else comes out.

Lantern Jack
03-15-2006, 08:55 AM
THIS IS ME, OPTING FOR FREAKIN' HAPPINESS:

:snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy:

Shwebb
03-15-2006, 09:00 AM
LJ, can't you just be freakin' happy, for once?

(I can always take away your rp's, if you want.)

Lantern Jack
03-15-2006, 09:05 AM
LJ, can't you just be freakin' happy, for once?

(I can always take away your rp's, if you want.)

Better?

And thanks for the reps:)

Shwebb
03-15-2006, 09:08 AM
Much!

Just don't get too carried away, or I'll worry about you even more!

:)

reph
03-15-2006, 09:19 AM
Please don't let this turn into another "free points for all for no reason" thread. Maintain some semblance of a merit system. Please.

Stew21
03-15-2006, 09:43 AM
Please don't let this turn into another "free points for all for no reason" thread. Maintain some semblance of a merit system. Please.
agreed...i'm new and i like to earn them. :)

writerterri
03-15-2006, 09:53 AM
Terri, you have a warning thing next to that 'tree lookin' thingy that allows rep points to be born,' too. You just can't see your own; nobody sees their own. ;)

And I thought I was AW's princess. :cry:

You mean it's not all about me?

shucks

kristie911
03-15-2006, 09:54 AM

You can say that because you have so many rep points!

writerterri
03-15-2006, 09:55 AM

too late, I jumped up to 485 just cause I'm me. :tongue

ewww! I just read what I said. If I knew how to spell conceted I would call myself that.

unthoughtknown
03-15-2006, 09:55 AM
Susie always spoils me...

Puddle Jumper
03-15-2006, 10:00 AM
Is this a popularity contest? Or does having more points earn you special privelages or something?

Have no desire to be popular, that carries way more responsibility than I want. Have no need for special privelages, my mommy tells me I'm special and that's good enough for me. :hooray:

Noob
03-15-2006, 10:34 AM
my mommy tells me I'm special and that's good enough for me. :hooray:

Hey! Can i borrow your mommy, mine is "out-of-order" i think... Never said anything like that to me...

Or maybe its just that I aint all that special? Dam!

he he

(pst! pst! i got 39 points now!) *s*

reph
03-15-2006, 11:03 AM
You can say that because you have so many rep points!
I said similar things when I had fewer.

MacAllister
03-15-2006, 02:41 PM
Reph actually has always said that sort of thing...pretty much from day one.

This is actually why the blobs originally went away--so that if folks wanted to play with it, it doesn't make that much difference. :)

Have fun. Y'all are total goofballs.

Optimus
03-15-2006, 03:24 PM
I have 87, but you have to weigh that against a paltry 769 posts:Trophy:

Man, I had like 400 by the time I had 700 posts.

Granted, I'm not in the "cool kids" clique around here that all gave each other 1000 rep points for the most innocuous/inane posts.

"I'm having a bad day."

"Rep point for you!"

"I like cheese."

"That's so insightful! I like cheese two! Double rep points for you!"

My posts are like money. I spend them wisely. Wry, ascerbic wit like this is expensive.

I've had to earn my inanity. It wasn't just given to me.

robeiae
03-15-2006, 05:22 PM
...many messages that I've missed! Oops.
About that one on Jan. 6--forget about it...I decided to go with a sheep and a duck instead.

Godfather
03-15-2006, 05:49 PM
Susie always spoils me...

same here.

poor us.

rhymegirl
03-15-2006, 05:52 PM

I don't see anything wrong with people having a little fun.

This is the Office Party section, after all.

writerterri
03-15-2006, 08:11 PM
I have 1,058. I haven't been to my user CP for ages. I keep forgetting to go there...many messages that I've missed! Oops.

unlike the rest of us who pop in there every 3 seconds.

writerterri
03-15-2006, 08:13 PM
Man, I had like 400 by the time I had 700 posts.

Granted, I'm not in the "cool kids" clique around here that all gave each other 1000 rep points for the most innocuous/inane posts.

"I'm having a bad day."

"Rep point for you!"

"I like cheese."

"That's so insightful! I like cheese two! Double rep points for you!"

My posts are like money. I spend them wisely. Wry, ascerbic wit like this is expensive.

I've had to earn my inanity. It wasn't just given to me.

and would it kill you to give me one?

Shadow_Ferret
03-15-2006, 08:28 PM
and would it kill you to give me one?

Guess we should think of those as money, too. And right now the Rep Point Economy is in an Opti depression.

ChaosTitan
03-15-2006, 09:32 PM
If Rep Points are money now, I think I need to go find a new job.... :gone:

:e2stooges

stormie
03-16-2006, 01:33 AM
I don't see anything wrong with people having a little fun.

This is the Office Party section, after all.

Yup! But I have to say, I thought this board was just for serious mind-numbing discussions about the importance of rep points and blobs. Anyone care to add some more points? It's getting stormy here.... Just hit that little scale under my user name. :D

Shadow_Ferret
03-16-2006, 01:42 AM
.... Just hit that little scale under my user name. :D

It's a scale! Thank you. I've been trying to figure out what that heck that white blob was. I thought it was the Ghost of Rep Points Past.

stormie
03-16-2006, 01:43 AM
:ROFL:

rich
03-16-2006, 01:48 AM
Yep, does look like a snowflake with a stand, or maybe a tree iced over from a rain followed by low temperatures. And I gotta a 20" LCD.

awatkins
03-16-2006, 03:38 AM
I always thought it looked like a pile of Hersey's Kisses. mmmmm....chocolate....

maestrowork
03-16-2006, 03:53 AM

Do not. I have 2. One from myself, and one from my mom, only after I twisted her arm and told her she never loved me.

(oh no, please don't let the bonking begin again. Jenna is going to shut down this board)