William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
ASHEBORO — Asheboro businessman and congressional candidate, Keith Crisco, died suddenly at his home today.

Information is incomplete; however, early information indicates he suffered injuries from a fall around 1 p.m. at his home at 1263 Thayer Drive in Asheboro. He was reported dead at the scene when emergency workers arrived there.

<snip>

In 2008, Keith was asked to serve as secretary of the N.C. Department of Commerce by then Gov. Bev Perdue. He left the post in 2012 and earlier this year officially launched a run for the U.S. House District 2 seat in the Democratic primary. He ran against Clay Aiken.

- See more at: http://courier-tribune.com/news/con...risco-dies-suddenly-home#sthash.udWzO09j.dpuf

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
They probably tortured him by making him watch From Justin to Kelly until he jumped.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Suffered a fall at 1am? Perhaps it's unfairly impugning the man's character, but, um...alcohol involved incident? Or just shitty night vision, maybe?

Clay Aiken does have a shifty look in his eyes, but I dunno....:D

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Suffered a fall at 1am? Perhaps it's unfairly impugning the man's character, but, um...alcohol involved incident? Or just shitty night vision, maybe?

Clay Aiken does have a shifty look in his eyes, but I dunno....:D

This puts his song "Invisible" in a whole new light...

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Ain't nobody cross Clay Aiken. Nobody. Close race? Unopposed.

In all seriousness, though, an unfortunate event. I'm just waiting for the serious "that gay guy murdered his opponent" accusations to start.

I don't have a lot of faith in my state's sanity...

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Unconfirmed reports state witnesses claim to have seen Aiken waking away from the scene, muttering to himself, "Not coming in 2nd place again. 3rd times the charm. And I can also blame it on Donald Trump."

There's also a rumor that Aiken didn't commit the crime himself, but rather had hired someone to do the deed as people claimed that they saw the hulking figure of the murderer over the body on a cell phone to Aiken reporting, "I killed him 110%"

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
In other news...a man actually died. Like, a fellow human being who, from what I've read, seemed like a decent person.

But, don't let that interrupt your jocular puns and quippy one-liners.

AncientEagle

Old kid, no need to be gentle.
Registered
Reaction score
In other news...a man actually died. Like, a fellow human being who, from what I've read, seemed like a decent person.

But, don't let that interrupt your jocular puns and quippy one-liners.
This.

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
Aiken's comments, from the link:
“I am stunned and deeply saddened by Keith Crisco’s death,” he said in a statement. “Keith came from humble beginnings. No matter how high he rose – to Harvard, to the White House and to the Governor’s Cabinet – he never forgot where he came from. He was a gentleman, a good and honorable man and an extraordinary public servant. I was honored to know him. I am suspending all campaign activities as we pray for his family and friends.”

That's pretty well said. He might yet be another Fred Grandy.

ZachJPayne

Beware: #amQuerying
Registered
Reaction score
Website
zachjpayne.com
A bit of gallows humor is warranted. Stuff happens, people die. It's tragic, but, hell, that's life.

I don't think anybody's actually suggesting that Aiken did anything. It sounds like he's acting in good faith, as well.

Time will tell what did, exactly, happen. And until then, all we can do is speculate, and honor the life of a decent man with some good humor / crappy puns.

Last edited: