• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for Critique Partner - YA Fairy Tale Retelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joanna Alonzo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I'm working on a modern-day Christian retelling of a fairy tale, and I'd love to have a critique partner who I can send chapters to as I finish them and hopefully just get feedback on the flow of the story and the realism of the characters.

I'm willing to do the same for you, so if you're also in the process of writing a novel, I'd love to find out if we can be a good fit. :)

Do message me if interested.

Smeasking

Just call me "Sox" :)
Registered
Reaction score
I love fairy tales! I wouldn't mind helping you out, if you don't mind a non-expert helping, lol. I read a lot of different genres--books, in general--cuz I love reading; so I know I can at least offer feedback on flow and how realistic your characters may be. Plus, I'm interested in seeing what a Christian retelling would look like.

As far as my own novel goes it's an Urban Fantasy, currently at 138k, and my first draft is done. I am working on my second draft (grammar, formatting, trimming, revising) and then will polish afterward--which may ultimately be more like a third draft. But it's okay if you don't want to read it. Plenty of folks have read the entire novel already, to give me the feedback I needed. My first chapter is in SYW Sci-fi/Fantasy, if you're curious. Unfortunately, I'm told my first chapter doesn't do the rest of my story justice, so I'm working on fixing that as well, lol. :)

shmglsky

Registered
Reaction score
I write high fantasy, which I think is very similar to most fairy tales. I have a 92-4k novel I'm looking to get a couple readers on in the hopes of getting it published traditionally.

I've only published a few fairy tale short stories/flash fiction and am still new to this site, but I like to think I'm a good critiquer.

Joanna Alonzo

Registered
Reaction score
I write high fantasy, which I think is very similar to most fairy tales. I have a 92-4k novel I'm looking to get a couple readers on in the hopes of getting it published traditionally.

I've only published a few fairy tale short stories/flash fiction and am still new to this site, but I like to think I'm a good critiquer.
It would be nice to see a little bit more of your posts around the site just so we can know more about you and your style and stuff like that. I'm fairly new here in AW too, but it's been a real blast interacting with the people here and learning from them. It would help a lot if you do that too. :)

Still, PM me. :) Let's see if we can work something out.

shmglsky

Registered
Reaction score
It would be nice to see a little bit more of your posts around the site just so we can know more about you and your style and stuff like that. I'm fairly new here in AW too, but it's been a real blast interacting with the people here and learning from them. It would help a lot if you do that too. :)

Still, PM me. :) Let's see if we can work something out.

Sure will do. I serialized my first two novels on Jukepop Serials, but now I'm looking to get them polished enough to hopefully get them published traditionally in a few years.

I was critiquing on Critique Circle--and still am--but I found I just wasn't get comments I needed.

Quentin Nokov

King of the Kitties
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Brain of Ivane. The concept sounds appealing to me,especially with the Christain aspect in it. I'm looking for writing buddies / friends, myself so I wouldn't mind formulating a partnership and seeing how it works out. I'll PM you shortly; you can befriend me on FB, if you want and if you have an account yourself.

How many chapters do you have done so far?

Last edited:

shmglsky

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the invite Quentin. I guess this means we'll leave it to you on finding new members.

Status
Not open for further replies.