• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking for a beta reader for a fantasy novel - will swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhea

Las brujas son sabias
Registered
Reaction score
Hi!
I'm looking for a beta for my 121,000 word fantasy novel. I'm mostly interested in seeing if and how the plot, flow and character interaction work, but all comments are welcome.

Also, if you happen to have a fantasy story that you'd like to get a second (or third, or seventh) set of eyes on, I'm more than happy to swap.

To give you an idea what you'll be facing, here's a little introduction:

Salia the Witch follows all the Witch Statues – her fingernails are cut back to the flesh, her hair is in perfect line with her chin, she is never seen around animals and she can’t read or write. None of it matters, though, since she can’t master a witch skill. She has spent years with the established witches, trying to learn herbalism or fortune telling, but still she can’t tell peppermint from milfoil and astrology is just a multi-syllable word for her.

One day a neighboring lord raids her home village and kills everybody, except Salia. When she confronts and publicly humiliates him, she discovers that she does possess a witch skill, but a very different one – she can see into the pasts of the people she touches. One past she collects reveals a conspiracy to take over the kingdom she lives.

She has to decide what she wants most – peace for her family and village, a targeted revenge, or to stop the invasion. Before she can decide on any of it, she has to escape the lord’s castle alive, because, although it’s forbidden to kill a witch, there are ways to end her life in a slow, painful and seemingly natural manner that the lord, no doubt, has perfected over the years.

If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll send you the first chapter to see if this story is your cup of tea.

Best, Rhea

Status
Not open for further replies.