Not open for further replies.

kamichaels

author of 'I Was'
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
. . . So I am opting for wine . . . and lots of it!!! :D

I got an email today from our area newspaper whom I sent a complimentary copy to and THEY WANT TO INTERVIEW ME ABOUT MY BOOK!!! :hooray::hooray::hooray::hooray:

After a very brief moment of excitement, I went on sheer panic mode!! The fifty thousand questions of self doubt set in!! 'Is it done right?' 'Does it suck and my paid editor is simply lying to me?' 'What if everyone that sees it simply shakes their head and rolls their eyes?' . . . oh geez, you get the idea!

So the husband, totally tired of hearing me freak, I'm sure, says in his calm, rational voice, "it's what you wanted, why are you so worried?" :Wha:

Well, yea, but . . . I didn't think they really WOULD!! :e2cry:

Ugh . . . When does the self doubt settle down??? (without the use of wine lol!)

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, congratulations, good luck, and when is this interview? Because now we want to know all about it and how it goes for you. :)

And, welcome to AW! From the title, your book sounds fascinating. I do hope the interview goes really well.

kamichaels

author of 'I Was'
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Thank you, Kylabelle! I have to call them tomorrow to set up a time . . . if I have any fingertips left after chewing my nails lol! ;)
I honestly did not expect this! I mean, I am a positive person overall, but I tend to not get my hopes up, so to speak, when it comes to all of this because as you know, they can get shot down SO easily!

jerrimander

No one takes me seriously. Really.
Registered
Reaction score
If it were me, I would jump up and down, scream and drink wine at the same time. Being very careful of course to not spill the wine. I would probably use a sippy cup.

nikoisbusy

Catching words & writing them down.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nikobommer.com
That's amazing! You should definitely do all three! Hahaha! Clicked on your link and the book sounded really good...so I downloaded it. Keep us updated. I'm sure it will be great!

kamichaels

author of 'I Was'
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
LOL!! Thank you both for the encouragement - both with the interview AND, more importantly, the WINE!! ;) :D (slinking off to find a sippy cup!!)

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Scream, jump up and down, and then take a nice wee dram of Talisker or Laphroaig, neat.

Just don't do the latter at the same time as you do the two former actions. Would be a waste of tragic proportions.

But, most certainly, congratulations!

caw

ishtar'sgate

living in the past
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linneaheinrichs.com
Congratulations! A newspaper interview can be fun. Remember, you'll only be speaking to a single reporter and you have time to consider before answering questions that are usually pretty straight forward. But the photographer. That's the person that gives me the heebie jeebies.:D

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Congrats! Just talk to the interviewer as if the person were a friend who wanted to know more about you and the book.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, kamichaels!

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Nice cover and CGs on the coming interview!

It'll fly by without a crash, we promise. But you can still drink wine if you like.

Hanson

Registered
Reaction score
The central issue here is sequencing.

If you drink the wine FIRST, then jump up and down, you may obtain an injury. (trust me, I know these things)

Screaming AFTER wine is ok body wise, but not always good from a sociopolitical possible outcome.

So, to summarise,

Firstly, scream, then jump up AND down, then drink the wine.

btw, congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.