International Criminal Court - Case Structure

DanWendelstein

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, guys.

I'm currently writing a story that handles a case of a regent getting prosecuted for leading a campaign of genocide against a neighbouring several years ago.
It involves sacking undefended towns, enslaving and/or massacring their populations, hiding their bodies in mass graves, as well as ignoring the laws and customs of war and diplomatic immunity.

My question is, how would in such a case be the defence and prosecution teams of the court be composed?
What people would be involved (case-related experts, court representatives, clerks and secretaries, the heading figures, etc)?
And who supplies/engages those people for the uses of the court (maybe the registry, or the head prosecutor/defence counsel themselves, etc)?

I'm assuming that the regent's legal representation is getting supplied by the court for her.

Also, what bodies/organisations/individuals would be the ones conducting research and investigation at the sites (I'm considering local armed forces, Blue Helmets, White Helmets, and the ICMP, but who else/who not?)

Thanks in advance for any information!

Last edited:

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
How do we know what you've missed without knowing what you've already retrieved?

Are there any specific issues you want answers to? Any assumptions you have that we can confirm or deny?