Vivid dreams on drugs... legal ones

s.cummings

exploring life - one word at a time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
medium.com
Okay, so here's the story. Last week I started taking Champex to quit smoking. When I picked up the prescription for it the pharmacist walked we through some side-effects and whatnot. She stated one of those side-effects as follows: "Many people who take Champex experience very vivid, and sometimes disturbing dreams."

"Sounds like more of a benefit then a side-effect," I replied with a chuckle

Now it's been about 6 days since I started, and last night the dreams began. I'm not talking some regular dreams... I'm talking bad ass dreams. I dreamed there was three bears, a momma, a poppa, and baby bear. No, this isn't shaping up to be a fairy tale. Anyways, so I had a shotgun. That's always a good start to any story; that and I had a beer in my hand, because no good story ever started with a salad. Okay, okay back on track. I had a shotgun, and I was shooting these bears. Like I mean I unloaded on them! Obviously they didn't die, but that's not where this story stopped. They talked to me... in gruff, bear-like voices. It was creepy. I don't remember what was said, but I remember it was vivid and weird.

That's my Monday morning story. Sorry for rambling.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Okay, okay back on track. I had a shotgun, and I was shooting these bears. Like I mean I unloaded on them! Obviously they didn't die, but that's not where this story stopped. They talked to me... in gruff, bear-like voices. It was creepy. I don't remember what was said, but I remember it was vivid and weird.

Next time, use bear spray. A local animal expert gave a talk on bears lately and said that he'd trust the spray over a bullet any day of the week. You could put a bullet in a grizzly's head and it would still last long enough to take you out, but the spray had 100% stopping power.

Or you could've just given them the beer and gotten 'em good and drunk. ;)

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The malaria preventive Lariam (aka mefloquin) is legendary for its dream effects. Some people have intense, nightmarish dreams while others have vivid dreams they, ahem, quite enjoy (wink wink). I never had the dreams when I was on it, I was crazy enough awake from those damned things.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so here's the story. Last week I started taking Champex to quit smoking. When I picked up the prescription for it the pharmacist walked we through some side-effects and whatnot. She stated one of those side-effects as follows: "Many people who take Champex experience very vivid, and sometimes disturbing dreams."

"Sounds like more of a benefit then a side-effect," I replied with a chuckle

Now it's been about 6 days since I started, and last night the dreams began. I'm not talking some regular dreams... I'm talking bad ass dreams. I dreamed there was three bears, a momma, a poppa, and baby bear. No, this isn't shaping up to be a fairy tale. Anyways, so I had a shotgun. That's always a good start to any story; that and I had a beer in my hand, because no good story ever started with a salad. Okay, okay back on track. I had a shotgun, and I was shooting these bears. Like I mean I unloaded on them! Obviously they didn't die, but that's not where this story stopped. They talked to me... in gruff, bear-like voices. It was creepy. I don't remember what was said, but I remember it was vivid and weird.

That's my Monday morning story. Sorry for rambling.

it's champix.

aka chantix.

:Soapbox:
keep a log of this stuff and report it to your doctor especially if it's getting worse. whatever 'worse' means to you.

chantix is a very powerful and poorly understood drug.

sorry.

*gets off soapbox*

carry on.

RhodaD'Ettore

Registered
Reaction score
Website
goinpostalnj.blogspot.com
On Ambien i dreamt and even had delusions while i was wide awake!

Many people sleep walk with ambien... drive cars, clean their homes... while physically awake-- can talk have eyes open... but are mentally asleep

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've had horrible nightmares while on Zantac.

s.cummings

exploring life - one word at a time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
medium.com
Next time, use bear spray. A local animal expert gave a talk on bears lately and said that he'd trust the spray over a bullet any day of the week. You could put a bullet in a grizzly's head and it would still last long enough to take you out, but the spray had 100% stopping power.

Or you could've just given them the beer and gotten 'em good and drunk. ;)

Bear spray if done wrong is actually more dangerous, and if a person shoots a bear in the head they are just asking for a hurtin'. A bears skull is thick enough to stop most bullets.

Now a beer on the other hand... never thought of that :p

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
The malaria preventive Lariam (aka mefloquin) is legendary for its dream effects. Some people have intense, nightmarish dreams while others have vivid dreams they, ahem, quite enjoy (wink wink). I never had the dreams when I was on it, I was crazy enough awake from those damned things.
I knew someone who had his first ever lucid dreams on Lariam. He unfortunately couldn't convince his brain to let him fly, but he could do a lot of other cool things.

And, while awake, he also experienced his fastest ever bipolar cycle: One day to go from "This sucks. I don't want to be here," to "OMG, this is the AMAZINGEST place EVER!"

I took Malarone for malaria prevention when I went to India. No side effects that I noticed, fun or otherwise. :)

Last edited:

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
When I was in high school I had a really trippy dream after smoking some hashish. In the dream I was being chased by the Looney Toons characters -- Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Bugs Bunny -- the whole bunch, except Roadrunner. They quickly started catching up on me because no matter how fast I ran, I made very little forward movement: kind of like running on an endless conveyor belt. The whole thing got really scary when Yosemite Sam crouched, took aim, and started firing his six-guns at me. I felt the bullets whizz past my ears and ricochet all around me. Somehow I managed to dodge the bullets, pick up speed, and leave the 'Toons gang in the dust. The last thing I saw was Sam having one of his usual temper tantrums as I faded into the distance.

Good thing Roadrunner wasn't there, 'cause I'm sure he would have got me.

Last edited:

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Bear spray if done wrong is actually more dangerous...

How close do you have to get to the bear to spray it?

I wanna know.

I have weird dreams if I forget to take my 1000mg fishoil pill with dinner and just pop it later in the evening.
The later I take it... the weirder the dreams get.

and yes, I have...

Last edited: