• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader Needed for Two Short Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnl790

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I actually have two short stories that I need a beta reader or two for. They all have deadlines that are approaching and need one or two last run-overs to make sure everything is in place. Rather than having my usual beta's re-read it, I think some fresh eyes are in order.

6k short story is about a young girl who is having a really bad day. She acquires a strange pair of pants and her life takes a major twist and she finds out she isn't who she thought she was and that she has no control over her future. --In the beginning the girl does have her period and that is mentioned, so if you have a problem with reading about that then this may not be the story for you--

10k is a short story about a young fairy who is trying to find her way home. She was kidnapped at a young age and now has the help of a dark mage and an imp to find her way back. There's just one problem, darkness is consuming their world and there is only one way to stop it. Hayden is unsure if she's the one but embraces the thought of being the one as she embarks on her journey home.

Thanks in advance :)

anastaciaknits

Registered
Reaction score
I'm interested.

I do want to warn you, however; I've never beta'd before. I am a book reviewer, and have sent feedback to authors before, but I've never formerly beta'd (though I've long since wanted to).

In my day job, I do have rather a lot of experience with editing (however, it's as a technical editor in the craft field, so it's not really relevant experience!)

I am, however, available immediately :)

oooooh

the owls are not what they seem
Registered
Reaction score
I'd be up for reading the 10k fairy story, if it's not too late. I haven't beta'd before, only done crits (though I am under the impression that the two are not dissimilar).

cnl790

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm interested.

I do want to warn you, however; I've never beta'd before. I am a book reviewer, and have sent feedback to authors before, but I've never formerly beta'd (though I've long since wanted to).

In my day job, I do have rather a lot of experience with editing (however, it's as a technical editor in the craft field, so it's not really relevant experience!)

I am, however, available immediately :)

I'd be up for reading the 10k fairy story, if it's not too late. I haven't beta'd before, only done crits (though I am under the impression that the two are not dissimilar).

I have sent the two of you a personal message. Thanks for offering to beta read. And beta reading is a lot like critiquing just in some instances our grammar and wording may be a tad off since we are still in the editing stage. I believe both stories are very well at a final state as my previous betas have pointed out errors and no one has found anymore recently. But never know something very well could have been missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.