I'm not sure this belongs here, but I do need your help.

Shaba

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys. I would do my Troy Mcclure, but it's late and I have a long day tomorrow. I also know that this might not be the appropriate place to put this, but because many people visit the party, I figure it is my best chance.

On Friday, my brother had an article published by USA Today. He didn't think they would publish it, but he found out on Saturday (Vietnam time. He's there doing medical research) that they published it. Unfortunately, he didn't know they published it in the actually paper, and now I've been running around the last two days trying to find Friday's edition. No prizes for those who guess my outcome. Can't find it. If anyone still has a hard copy of Friday's edition or knows anyone that still has it, is there anyway you can save it, and I'll send you my address and what not. My parents want to frame it because, well, you know how parents are, and because they are immigrants, the article holds even more significance to them. Not the pinnacle of achievement, but just another step on the road to get there.

Here is the article link:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2014/04/17/kunmi-sobowale-minorities-ivies/7670873/

Thank you everyone for your time and help.

For those interested in his medical research here: http://www.nontraditionalist.com/

Last edited:

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Hi -

Sorry, I don't have a copy, but it occurred to me you might try hotels or coffee shops. Hotels are the only places I know of that routinely get a lot of copies of USA Today (lots of mid-range chain hotels, like Marriot, have it as their base by-the-door option). They might have some kicking around if they don't have them picked up for recycling or whatever daily. They also usually have people manning the reception desk 24/7, and it's not a busy time, if you're awake and in the U.S.

Coffee shops (the diner type, not really the Starbucks type, in my experience) also tend to have newspapers that hang around for a few days, left out for people to read.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You can buy back issues from USA Today. They are expensive for what they are, but it's still not that much. $5 as I recall.

RhodaD'Ettore

Registered
Reaction score
Website
goinpostalnj.blogspot.com
Call your local convenience stores or drug stores. Being the weekend, the old ones may not have been picked up. BUT... having managed a store, I can tell you that the drivers take back the unsold ones. I bet you can ask a manager to talk to his driver and see what can be done. You can find it.. there is a way. good luck

Shaba

Registered
Reaction score
Hi -

Sorry, I don't have a copy, but it occurred to me you might try hotels or coffee shops. Hotels are the only places I know of that routinely get a lot of copies of USA Today (lots of mid-range chain hotels, like Marriot, have it as their base by-the-door option). They might have some kicking around if they don't have them picked up for recycling or whatever daily. They also usually have people manning the reception desk 24/7, and it's not a busy time, if you're awake and in the U.S.

Coffee shops (the diner type, not really the Starbucks type, in my experience) also tend to have newspapers that hang around for a few days, left out for people to read.

Tried them. We have millions of hotels around here. Thank you though responding!

You can buy back issues from USA Today. They are expensive for what they are, but it's still not that much. $5 as I recall.

I'll try that. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thank you!

Shaba

Registered
Reaction score
Call your local convenience stores or drug stores. Being the weekend, the old ones may not have been picked up. BUT... having managed a store, I can tell you that the drivers take back the unsold ones. I bet you can ask a manager to talk to his driver and see what can be done. You can find it.. there is a way. good luck

Thank you for your expertise and advice. Yea, I ran around look for them. People gave me this odd stare on why I would want it, until I told them the reason. Sadly, no luck:-/.

Have you tried libraries? Most have copiers.

If I can't find a copy of our own, my dad suggested we should do that. Thank you for re-affirming this.