Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
That's too bad.

I've listened to Dylan's song many times. I can't imagine being in prison while being innocent.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
From the article:

In 1993, he helped found the Association in Defence of the Wrongly Convicted and became its executive director. Carter also became a motivational speaker, travelling around the world, sharing the stage with world leaders.

"Rubin made it his life’s mission to help others who had been wrongly convicted after his own exoneration for crimes he did not commit, but for which he spent 19 years in prison," the association said in a release. "Rubin will be remembered by those at AIDWYC who were fortunate enough to have worked with him as a truly courageous man who fought tirelessly to free others who had suffered the same fate as he...

...Carter continued his public speaking and advocacy and, in 2011, released the book Eye of the Hurricane: My Path from Darkness to Freedom.

"If I find a heaven after this life, I'll be quite surprised," he wrote in his letter to the New York Daily News. "In my own years on this planet, though, I lived in hell for the first 49 years, and have been in heaven for the past 28 years.

"To live in a world where truth matters and justice, however late, really happens, that world would be heaven enough for us all."