49 year old boxing champion defends his world title (again)

Deepthought

Think hard, often
Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Bernard "The Executioner" Hopkins successfully defended his IBF light-heavyweight title against Beibut Shumenov, unifying the WBA and IBF light-heavyweight titles in the process. He is the world record holder of being the oldest major title holder in boxing history, at 49 years old. What's amazing to me is that he isn't just hanging there, he's winning, and sometimes by wide margins. I love that style; as a boxer, I can tell you that his mastery of the sweet science is mind bending.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-split-decision-unifies-titles-at-49/7921997/

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
That is truly amazing. Hopkins is one of the best ever. Sorry I didn't catch that one. I also missed Pac's justice victory over Bradley. From what I hear it was pretty much the same fight but the judges got it right this time.

Deepthought

Think hard, often
Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
That is truly amazing. Hopkins is one of the best ever. Sorry I didn't catch that one. I also missed Pac's justice victory over Bradley. From what I hear it was pretty much the same fight but the judges got it right this time.

Yeah, Hopkins is an ATG. I thought the decision shouldn't have been split, Hopkins won a clear decision, and two other judges scored it a clear victory for Hopkins.
As for Bradley-Pac, it was pretty much the same. Bradley actually did land some good punches and won some rounds, but his strategy made him tired, and Pac basically controlled the fight overall. Can't wait for May 3, as Mayweather, Broner, and Khan are all fighting. (I just watch on one of those laggy bad quality live streams. Yeah, I'm cheap :))