Not open for further replies.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
As I progress with my self-published book review site I have come to a few realisations.

One is that taking all-comers is part of my mission, but seeking the best needs to be part of it too. The mixed bag of book I have received is averaging a rating of just under 6/10 so far. Some of my reviewers have looked at a series of difficult books and I would like to have something special for them.

I would like to have a few to bestow on them that, even if flawed, are gems. Books that you find gripping or memorable in some way.

So I would really appreciate some recommendations so I can specifically approach those authors and ask for review copies, or if necessary--actually buy one. ;)

http://veinglory.com/PODindex.html

I am also specifically seeking non-fiction books (e.g. 'how to' books) as an area of interest to site visitors.

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
veinglory said:
As I progress with my self-published book review site I have come to a few realisations.

One is that taking all-comers is part of my mission, but seeking the best needs to be part of it too. The mixed bag of book I have received is averaging a rating of just under 6/10 so far. Some of my reviewers have looked at a series of difficult books and I would like to have something special for them.

I would like to have a few to bestow on them that, even if flawed, are gems. Books that you find gripping or memorable in some way.

So I would really appreciate some recommendations so I can specifically approach those authors and ask for review copies, or if necessary--actually buy one. ;)

http://veinglory.com/PODindex.html

I am also specifically seeking non-fiction books (e.g. 'how to' books) as an area of interest to site visitors.

I notice that it is closed to most fiction, but the site suggests that you send a query. Unfortunately, there's no email address, and the contact link is broken.

Last edited:

Ralyks

Untold stories inside
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.editorskylar.com
veinglory said:

Here are some POD books I thought were review-worthy. (I review and/or describe self-published, POD published, and small press books on my website, so I came across a few. I know they are hard to find!)

The Commission
by Bob Blackman
Virtualbookworm Publishing, © 2004 , ISBN 1-58939-624-3

Social Science Fiction / Christian

Elliot Stone and the Mystery of the Alien Mom
by L.P. Chase
Infinity Publishing, © 2004, ISBN 0-7414-2279-4

Children's Literature

Journey to Thélo
by Terri Thompson
iuniverse, © 2003, ISBN 0-595-28393-4

Youth Literature / Allegory / Christian

Are you considering poetry? If so, here are two POD poetry collections I thought were good (I have one of my own I'd love you to take a review gamble on, too, if you review poetry). Both of these are largely free verse, with some subtle Christian (or in some cases obvious Christian) content.

The Pilgrim's Lyre
by Teresa B. Burleson
1st Books, © 2003, ISBN 1-403387-13-3

Women at the Well
by Olivia Diamond
1stBooks, © 2001, ISBN 0-75962-882-3

Status
Not open for further replies.