Kiddo, I'm soooooooooo PROUD of...Y!O!U!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lantern Jack

My kitten knows kung-fu!
Registered
Reaction score
Not only did Miss Celia's premiere of The Monster of Phantom Lake go off smashingly well, with the audience pissing themselves laughing more than the Rocky Horror Picture Show crowd, not only did the paper give it a superlative-laden review, calling it something like "...a warm and witty homage to '50s horror movies," not only did Celia manage to talk herself out of wearing the fur stole to the premiere, but now she's managed to score herself her most coveted part yet, and I get to rehearse it with her!

To quote Spanglish: "Gulp!" and "Double gulp!"

So, flowers, flowers, brimming nosegays, to the empress-queen of American theatre, and morphine drips and prayers aplenty for me, who must soon test his acting chops before the most mystical and mesmerizing Madame Cyanide!

P.S. On the + side, she did buy me a DVD of the film, but, in the - slot, she's yet to get me a copy of the :e2fight: Movie!

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'll be danged. Miss Cyanide - take a bow. :thankyou:

(Jack, give her back that fur stole!)(It doesn't go with your shoes anyway)

AdamH

Pumped Up Kicks
Registered
Reaction score
That's great news! Hopefully it'll go into wide release so we could see it out here in the boonies of NS.

Lantern Jack

My kitten knows kung-fu!
Registered
Reaction score
Maddwriter said:
That's great news! Hopefully it'll go into wide release so we could see it out here in the boonies of NS.

I'm churning out bootlegs as we speak, or, er, type. And Celia aint gettin' back no stole. I've been up all night, keeping sleepless vigil, armed with a stilletto heel, also hers.

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
emoteClap.gif
Awesome! That's great, Celia! I'm giving you a standing ovation.
II

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, show yourself so we can throw roses at your feet! It's terrific, Celia, really.

Maryn, pleased in your behalf

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, Jack, you are the best! Always there to congratulate me when something wonderful happens! And indeed, the premier was wonderful. The audience LOVED the film. It was quite nerve wracking, as I waited for my scenes to come up. The audience is howling with laughter at everyone else's lines...what if my lines are met with stone cold silence? But no, they laughed just as hard at my scenes.

Thanks everyone, for your replies! If The Monster of Phantom Lake ever gets distribution, I will be sure to let you know, and hopefully, you will enjoy it as much as the audience did.

Oh, and Jack? You can keep that fur stole. I know it's from the 50's and my boycotting it won't bring that animal back to life, but I still don't know what kind of fur it is, and that's just creepy!

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and Jack? You can keep that fur stole. I know it's from the 50's and my boycotting it won't bring that animal back to life, but I still don't know what kind of fur it is, and that's just creepy!

If it's from the fifties, Celia, then there's a chance than many poor esters died to make that stole...

Congrats on the movie success! Hope there are many more to come.

Angela

Named For a Song...
Registered
Reaction score
WooHoo!! Congratulations, Celia!! That's wonderful news!!

SaintEuphoria

One of my favorites!

Hey everyone, this is the writer/director of The Monster of Phantom Lake and I want to let everyone know that our fair Celia Cyanide was my absolute favorite person to work with on my movie! She was tons of fun and kept me company on the long rides out to the middle of nowhere! Of everyone (next to the main character guy who's my best friend) she's the one I want to work with again. The premiere was really fun and really cool and really really really weird and really a huge rush to hear everyone laughing so much. We're having another screening in May at the same theater! PLEASE COME!

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for asking! It's playing at the Heights Theatre in Columbia Heights, Minnesota on May 17th, but if you don't really want to travel out of state, you can go here:

http://monsterofphantomlake.com/

The DVD is ten dollars to purchase, and if you don't want to buy it yourself, you could talk your local video store into ordering it. Which would be even better.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hearty contrats, Celia. Keep us posted so we can watch as your career takes off.

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
Is there any way to get the movie listed on IMDB? (I know nothing of that sort of thing, so I don't know what that would entail.) If it gets listed there, I can get Netflix to stock it. And if Netflix stocks it, the world will smile.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Celia Cyanide said:
Thanks for asking! It's playing at the Heights Theatre in Columbia Heights, Minnesota on May 17th, but if you don't really want to travel out of state, you can go here:

http://monsterofphantomlake.com/

The DVD is ten dollars to purchase, and if you don't want to buy it yourself, you could talk your local video store into ordering it. Which would be even better.

$10? To see our beloved Celia on celluloid? (Well, actually it would be whatever plastic DVDs are made from.) Such a deal! :)

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
XThe NavigatorX said:
Is there any way to get the movie listed on IMDB? (I know nothing of that sort of thing, so I don't know what that would entail.) If it gets listed there, I can get Netflix to stock it. And if Netflix stocks it, the world will smile.

I think the rule is that it has to be in one film festival. There is one coming up for it, so we are working on it! Thanks, everyone for the support, you guys are awesome!

SaintEuphoria

IMDB

I have been desperately trying to get us listed on the IMDB. At first they rejected it because they said it had only "local interest" because we were scheduled with the Twin Cities Underground Film Festival and the screening in Columbia Heights, MN on March 9th. Since we're now going to be showing in Portland, Oregon this Sunday night I think our chances of being listed will raise significantly. I resubmitted it last week so they don't forget. I think they may be waiting until the festival and the screening are done.

In the meantime, I'm trying to get it screened elsewhere. Anyone here have any connections to other theaters and screening houses across the country (and world)?

Oh, and a film does not have to be listed on IMDB to be a part of Netflix. It simply has to be available. So, I've had everyone I know suggest it! Everyone here who has or knows someone who has a Netflix account should suggest it. I think if they get enough suggestions, they'll add it!

Last edited:

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
In the past, Netflix has told me they only consider movies that have IMDB listings. It now says it on their "suggest a title" page as well.

Either way, it can't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.