Got my first form rejection!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul J Andrew

Reborn! Or reincarnated? Rebooted?
Registered
Reaction score
So I finished my revised draft and started subbing to agents about three weeks ago. Got my first rejection inside of three days, so that's a thing!

It's weird to have actually finished a thing though. Like, it's 92k words at current. It's a book and I wrote it. What the hell?

So I've started writing my next WIP while I wait for more rejections to roll in :ROFL:

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Writing the next book: exactly the right thing to do. Nothing is a better balm for those rejection bruises. Plus you'll have something new to talk about when the right agent calls.

Ellaroni

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on first rejection ;-)
I actually printed out my first one, and felt as if I was finally going somewhere. Which I was, eventually, so stay positive!

arcan

Registered
Reaction score
“Many times what we perceive as an error or failure is actually a gift. And eventually we find that lessons learned from that discouraging experience prove to be of great worth.”
Richelle E Goodrich

Congratulations!

HeavyAirship

Aboard my phaneron.
Registered
Reaction score
Way to go! Your hard work is starting to produce results, like a seed that's just beginning to sprout. It may not bear fruit for a little while, but it will eventually.

memoiries

Registered
Reaction score
You are now one of us! Great outlook, though! Keep writing!

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Yay for popped rejection cherry! I remember my first, too! And I remember being excited about it. Four novels later, not so much. LOL But, it's all a part of the process. Just keep writing and honing your craft. And best of luck! Hopefully someone will bite!!!

Victor Clairmont

Registered
Reaction score
So I finished my revised draft and started subbing to agents about three weeks ago. Got my first rejection inside of three days, so that's a thing!

It's weird to have actually finished a thing though. Like, it's 92k words at current. It's a book and I wrote it. What the hell?

So I've started writing my next WIP while I wait for more rejections to roll in :ROFL:

You have joined the ranks of all the great writer's of recent history.

Be proud. Be bold. Be a writer.

And get rejected tomorrow.

WELCOME TO THE CLUB! SUCCESS AWAITS! ;)

Mack Moyer

Registered
Reaction score
Heh. The best part is when you're totally expecting a rejection only to find out it's not. The first few words of the publisher's reply, "We gave your work careful consideration..." and you're like, yeah whatever, another rejection.

But then you keep reading, and you realize some tiny literary mag from the middle of nowhere is publishing your short and paying you in bumper stickers. (Literally this is what happened the first time I got published.) Best feeling in the world man! Just keep plugging along.

FlaDan

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations. I submitted mine so a few agents and got two rejections. I was surprised that it didn't hurt at all. It just motivated me to look at other things like the query letter.

ohheyyrach77

Awesome.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm right there with you Paul! It's a huge deal! Even if it doesn't get published how many of your friends can say they've written a book!

I loved my first rejection, it meant I was actually doing this thing.

LindsayM

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! The first rejection is a mark of true authorship. Keep writing in the meantime - having something else going is the good luck charm. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.