• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Mentor/Beta Sought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Normalcy

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I have a WIP I would like help with.

About my story:
Genre: Fiction, Mystery/Thriller, very small subplot of romance

Plot: A farmhand arrives in a quiet mountain town, but not everything is as it seems. There is an invisible hand that controls all aspects of the town’s life... and it quickly targets him.

A little about me:

I have a unique neurological disorder which doesn’t allow my thoughts to come out fluidly when I speak nor when I type. This makes my writing a little choppy and I fear it may steer readers away. It’s very frustrating to write like this, and another set of eyes is definitely required for me. I’d be grateful if anyone was willing to work together as I write. I *think* I'm generally easy to work with - so long as you are fine with questions. :)

What I am looking for specifically in a beta:

• Someone willing to be a mentor for me
  • Someone who doesn’t mind me working a little slower
  • Someone who will point out faults in my writing
  • Someone who would be willing to work one chapter at a time
  • I have no preference on credentials so long as you are willing to work with me

If you are interested, please give me a PM. I'd love to send off the first chapter to see what you think.

Ton Lew Lepsnaci

A WIP
Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

It is possible someone will take on the task, but as this requires a considerable amount of work, perhaps consider looking for someone who would agree to do the first chapter only. You can also contribute by critiquing work in the SYW section. It may not be the right venue for you to post, but it would help getting others to look into your own work. Starting small and getting to know people works well. I find the plot intriguing, so best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.