Permanent Damage to the Leg Resulting in Reduced Mobility Via a Stab Wound

mmallico

Registered
Reaction score
I have been researching this for a while, but are there any stab wounds to the leg with a common sized dagger that would result in Permanent Damage to the Leg Resulting in Reduced Mobility? Currently, I have it that he gets stabbed and crippled because the dagger is cursed, but I want to see if I can have a more physical reason for it. The injury should preferably be to the front of the leg.

My MC doesn't die from this and I don't want the limb to become infected/gangrene or anything like that. I'm talk about hitting a major muscle, nerve or tendon. Any help with this would be appreciated.

The MC should be able to walk with a limp, so it shouldn't be serious enough to cause lasting damage. For the time at least, it needs to be permanent.

Last edited:

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
Crippled can be an offensive term. I strongly suggest rewording your request.

How much damage do you want the stab wound to do? Do you need him to walk with a limp, or be completely unable to walk? Should the injury damage both legs or just one? Do you need it to be permanent or can he heal?

mmallico

Registered
Reaction score
Crippled can be an offensive term. I strongly suggest rewording your request.

How much damage do you want the stab wound to do? Do you need him to walk with a limp, or be completely unable to walk? Should the injury damage both legs or just one? Do you need it to be permanent or can he heal?
:e2tomato:

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
Thanks.

I suspect the most effective approach would be to cause an injury (snapped or torn tendon) that doesn't heal properly. The Achilles' Tendon could be very effective if fully severed and poorly healed.

mmallico

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks.

I suspect the most effective approach would be to cause an injury (snapped or torn tendon) that doesn't heal properly. The Achilles' Tendon could be very effective if fully severed and poorly healed.

A tendon injury was something I am considering too, but could the same happen in the case of a muscle? Do stab ones to muscle ever heal right in any case? I've also considered hitting a nerve, but I don't want him to be fully disabled.

Hilary1

Registered
Reaction score
Damage to a nerve or tendon could have the effect you described.

Mariana

Registered
Reaction score
A tendon injury was something I am considering too, but could the same happen in the case of a muscle? Do stab ones to muscle ever heal right in any case? I've also considered hitting a nerve, but I don't want him to be fully disabled.

If you hit a nerve (traumatize it and not cut it off) it doesn't mean that your MC could be fully disable. Once the nerve be traumatized a neurosurgeon will do a surgery to repair it. The nerves are one of the most complicated parts of the human body (I know it from my own experience). You can write that the neurosurgeon achieved in fixing it - so that the patient will be able to walk - but not completely - so from now your MC will walk with certain difficulty or hobble along with the help of a cane.