PDA

View Full Version : I think I just invented punctuation.

mccardey
04-01-2014, 02:55 PM
You're welcome.

Terie
04-01-2014, 02:59 PM
You're welcome.

:hooray: :Trophy: :applause:

mccardey
04-01-2014, 03:01 PM
Thank you.

You've been a wonderful audience.

And here's some ellipses I thought you might like.............................................. ...............................
.................................................. .................................................. ................................................

(I get carried away)

alleycat
04-01-2014, 03:01 PM
I've heard there is an effort in Australia to change the standard punctuation marks to this format: ' ˙ : ; , ,,

mccardey
04-01-2014, 03:02 PM
I've heard there is an effort in Australia to change the standard punctuation marks to this format: ' ˙ : ; , ,,

*sigh......*

*ellipses*

*........but mostly sigh*

ETA: We're Australian. We don't make an effort.

Albedo
04-01-2014, 03:03 PM
pɐəɹ oʇ ɹəısɐə ɯəɥʇ səʞɐɯ ʇı 'lləʍ

shaldna
04-01-2014, 03:44 PM
:)

Sage
04-01-2014, 03:49 PM
!

Thank goodness!

I've needed punctuation for years.

Thank you, mccardey!

mccardey
04-01-2014, 03:51 PM
Bless you :blush: It was nothing...

((!!)) <- for you.

Netz
04-01-2014, 04:09 PM
Have you patented this punctuation of which you speak

Jorshington
04-01-2014, 04:11 PM
Wow this sounds amazing I think my writing will never be the same again thank you so much I mean really

Torgo
04-01-2014, 04:12 PM
Soon, all punctuation will belong... to Krankor!

HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbFjxNTzzgI)

Little Anonymous Me
04-01-2014, 04:14 PM
So do you think this has been what's missing from my life I mean really these little squiggles of your seem like they could be needed in a few highly selective situations

Albedo
04-01-2014, 04:27 PM
Now i can arts!?

............................................______ __........................
....................................,.-...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-...................................-.,............
.........................,/...............................................:, ........
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,.....
.................../.................................................. .........,}....
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}....
.............../.................................................. .,:........./.....
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....~,_........~,_....................,:`..... ..._/...........
..........{.._$;_......=,_.......-,_.......,.-~-,},.~;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......=-._......;,,./`..../............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......~.,....................`..... }............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\... .....................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\............. ..........
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

shaldna
04-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Now i can arts!?

............................................______ __........................
....................................,.-...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-...................................-.,............
.........................,/...............................................:, ........
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,.....
.................../.................................................. .........,}....
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}....
.............../.................................................. .,:........./.....
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....~,_........~,_....................,:`..... ..._/...........
..........{.._$;_......=,_.......-,_.......,.-~-,},.~;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......=-._......;,,./`..../............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......~.,....................`..... }............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\... .....................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\............. ..........
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

Oh my god!!!!!!!

This now actually, seriously, my new favourite thing!

Manuel Royal
04-01-2014, 05:50 PM
When I was little we were very poor and couldnt afford fancy punctuation. Except for the period. Which is so cheap we use it all the time. But thats all. Just the period. Period.

ETA my uncle had to have a procedure done; now the family owns a semi colon.

Maggie Maxwell
04-01-2014, 06:01 PM
Manuel, you poor thing! No question marks, no commas, no exclamation points?

Kylabelle
04-01-2014, 06:03 PM
When I was little we were very poor and couldnt afford fancy punctuation. Except for the period. Which is so cheap we use it all the time. But thats all. Just the period. Period.

I heard some people were so poor they had to cut them in half.

That is all changed now.

......... etc.

Namatu
04-01-2014, 06:12 PM
I never knew punctuation before. Thank you, mccardey!

Filigree
04-01-2014, 06:43 PM
Well, a picture of Facepalm!Picard was better than what I was expecting.

Alessandra Kelley
04-01-2014, 06:54 PM
Do not forget the poor interrobang.

Alas, its moment was a brief one.

Maggie Maxwell
04-01-2014, 06:58 PM
You know what doesn't get enough respect?

~ The tilde. Poor, underappreciated tilde.

Namatu
04-01-2014, 07:07 PM
It sounds so nice: tilde.

Maggie Maxwell
04-01-2014, 07:20 PM
It does. It's a soothing word. And it looks nice. Why'd hashtag have to be the one picked up? And @? Well, I can understand @, but hashtag? Come on, we could be saying ~Aliens instead of #Aliens. # already had a job as "pound".

Samsonet
04-01-2014, 09:44 PM
I never understood that. What are we supposed to pound? Aliens?

kuwisdelu
04-01-2014, 10:01 PM
Tell the people in my poetry class.

stormie
04-01-2014, 10:05 PM
Do not forget the poor interrobang.

Alas, its moment was a brief one.
It was?!

Snowstorm
04-01-2014, 10:15 PM
Uh, oh, now the rulez will follow ....

Maggie Maxwell
04-01-2014, 10:19 PM
I never understood that. What are we supposed to pound? Aliens?

Yes.

Chase
04-01-2014, 10:35 PM
Hey, McCardey . . . snicker, snicker, snicker . . . there's a huge spider crawling inside . . . snicker, snicker, snicker . . . your glass helmet . . . snicker, snicker, snicker . . .

Netz
04-01-2014, 10:57 PM
Uh, oh, now the rulez will follow ....

Hands Snowstorm the :rulez mccardey prepared earlier

Ken
04-01-2014, 11:30 PM
I think I just invented punctuation.

Whenever I comma I will think of you.

AW Admin
04-02-2014, 12:21 AM
Punctuation not Zathras strength. Zathrus now struggling with verb agreement.

Zathrus language have no pronoun.

Ketzel
04-02-2014, 01:07 AM
Never mind, Zathras. Lots of us don't agree with verbs. I find them socially limited and narrow-minded, myself.

thothguard51
04-02-2014, 02:04 AM
I once used an Aramark, but found it to uniform...

stormie
04-02-2014, 05:32 PM
I'm in a comma right now. It's morning and I haven't had my second cup of coffee.

Bolero
04-04-2014, 08:57 PM

A Period piece - my favourite :D

Xelebes
04-04-2014, 09:12 PM
thereisnosuchthingaspunctuation

allthoughtsareseparatedbybeingondifferentbeechrods

00Pepper
04-04-2014, 09:26 PM

ETA my uncle had to have a procedure done; now the family owns a semi colon.

Same here...we could only afford the Wal-Marts store brand. The comma in the semi colon always fell off so then it just became a weirdly positioned period.

mccardey
04-05-2014, 10:36 AM
So - I think I just gave out 36 rep points. Though to be fair, about 33 of them were copy-pasted.

But :Hug2: for you all.

GROUP :Hug2:!!

Manuel Royal
04-05-2014, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the rep points! That was great; now -- ha! -- I've got all the punctuation, & all 26 letters! Ha!

It begins.

Ken
04-05-2014, 03:37 PM
an individual hug'd been better
but I'll settle for a group hug
quite joyously :-)

Filigree
04-05-2014, 06:23 PM
Yay, I have a full set. I love it when grammar wonks get into a punfest...you folks made my week go so much better.

Mark HJ
04-05-2014, 08:01 PM
When I was little we were very poor and couldnt afford fancy punctuation.

We had lots of punctuation when I was a kid. There was a great heap of it out in the yard, waiting to be used, but it always worried me because there was a big question mark hanging over it.

aruna
04-05-2014, 08:10 PM
From the day I was born I have been removing punctuation bit by bit from my life and soul now this person is trying put it all back

Bolero
04-06-2014, 12:18 AM
Nothing new?

Has this thread come to a full stop?