On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
:cry: In my dreams, maybe.

If you're going, can you give us a summary? Good and bad classes, your experience with agents/editors?

I'll try to control the drooling when you tell us. :-D

- the Lily

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
I wish I could go. I love Mount Hermon. I've never been to the writer's conference but have spent several vacations there. (back in the 80's, you could rent a furnished cabin for $22 a night - they were awesome cabins, with beds and linens and firewood.)

To go back and be at the conference....sigh...

InspiredWriter

Registered
Reaction score
I am hoping (praying) to go. I went to Glorieta in October and Castro Valley last month. I have to finish writing my book proposals first. I am working on two of them and need to be ready to pitch them in order to justify the expense of going. The proposals are a little slow going right now. I am working on another short deadline, then can work on the proposals.

How's that for a definite maybe?

Elizabeth M. Thompson, editor
www.Writers-Block.info

Betty W01

Empress of Cyberworld
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wish <sigh>. I may be going to one locally in May, but money is pretty tight right now with two kids in college and still living at home. Man, they can eat! I want to go to Sandy Cove some day. Has anyone else here been? What did you think?

Gravity

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is ju
I've never gone, but I got to meet Jim Watkins at Glorieta a few years ago. Neat guy. And the Sandy Cove conference looks fun. :::sigh:::someday, I'd like to be able to go to them all.

John

InspiredWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Conference committment

So, which conferences (if any) do you regularly attend? I have been to Mount Hermon 3 times and Glorieta once. For the past 3 years I have attended a smaller conference in Castro Valley, CA, which has great training and networking with other writers, but no interaction with agents or editors.

I would like to attend one every 6 months, but it doesn't always work out that way.

How about you? Where and how frequently do you attend conferences? Which ones have you found the most beneficial?

Let me know,

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
InspiredWriter said:
I am hoping (praying) to go. I went to Glorieta in October and Castro Valley last month. I have to finish writing my book proposals first. I am working on two of them and need to be ready to pitch them in order to justify the expense of going. The proposals are a little slow going right now. I am working on another short deadline, then can work on the proposals.

How's that for a definite maybe?

Elizabeth M. Thompson, editor
www.Writers-Block.info

I'm a little late reading this...I was at the Glorieta conference last October as well! I've also attended the Colorado Christian Writers Conference the last 2 years. I haven't made plans for any conferences this year, though. I hit a writing slump in December, and am just now digging my way out. We are also planning quite a bit of family travel that will use up the frequent flyer miles this year. I've heard so many good things about Mt. Hermon, and hope to go sometime (2007?)...please let us know how it goes, and best of luck with your appointments (if you've got any lined up).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.