PDA

View Full Version : My Train Derailed

Taylor Harbin
03-30-2014, 07:13 AM
My train derailed, jumped the canyon, and went face-first into the hole in the bottom of the sea.

2014, thus far, has been a very bad year for my writing. Seriously. January started with a death in the family. That compelled me to jump from the project I had been working on to another one and start from scratch. Now, after coming back from spring break, I got hit by a stomach virus. I was already behind and now I'll be lucky to finish the manuscript by the end of April.

The worst of it is that being sick appears to have sucked out a lot of the fire from my WIP. What began as a story idea that I really liked has now diminished to a "meh." I'm 2/3 done, and maybe feeling this way is normal (especially after being so sick), but it worries me. This week, I barely managed 7 pages.

I'd like to think that the story has publication potential once revised, but I've had the wind knocked out of me twice and I've never had to power through such a low.

Ok, rant over.

Siri Kirpal
03-30-2014, 07:20 AM
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Prayers sent, Taylor.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Taylor Harbin
03-31-2014, 01:58 AM
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Prayers sent, Taylor.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Thank you. I finished a chapter today. Feels good to be back at work :)

Jay365
03-31-2014, 04:59 PM
I was already behind and now I'll be lucky to finish the manuscript by the end of April.

Are you working to a deadline, Taylor? You mention that 'the story has publication potential once revised' which I take to understand that this is a personal, self-imposed deadline? Apologies if I have this wrong.

If so, it takes as long as it takes. Life gets in the way, I guess. Adapt and survive?