PDA

View Full Version : Website Build?

beachbum21k
03-28-2014, 07:07 PM
I'm in the process of starting a blog and an accompanying website. I just thought that it would be nice to have some place for people to look at when I send the Manuscripts or queries.

As of yet I've only been paid to publish book reviews so I don't really have anything to mention on my own site.

What should I put on there?

Can you recommend any non-paying sites that may be a little easier to get published in than the paying markets but still have a good reputation?

I don't know what I'm doing!

I also don't know if this is the right place to post this.

EMaree
03-28-2014, 07:13 PM
I'm in the process of starting a blog and an accompanying website. I just thought that it would be nice to have some place for people to look at when I send the Manuscripts or queries.

As of yet I've only been paid to publish book reviews so I don't really have anything to mention on my own site.

What should I put on there?

It's hard to go wrong with a bio (or 'About Me') section, contact details, and links to your social media hangouts if that's your kind of thing.

Can you recommend any non-paying sites that may be a little easier to get published in than the paying markets but still have a good reputation?

Start at the top -- the most reputable, best-paying markets you can find -- and work down.

Medievalist
03-28-2014, 08:43 PM
You could go with a "business card" site—that's a one-page site with a brief description of what you write, links to any social media you're active in and want to make public, and a way of contacting you—preferably a "Contact form" that goes to a dedicated writing-business-only email, or a "masked" email (myname AT example.com).

Later, when you've sold a book, you can flesh it out.

Sedjet
04-07-2014, 01:08 AM
Hi, if you've had short stories published in online magazines should you include those or is it not worth it?

EMaree
04-07-2014, 11:52 AM
It's a writing credit. Include it! Don't downplay your own achievements, Belinda. :D

Sedjet
04-07-2014, 12:00 PM
Thanks :) It just doesn't seem all that important. Though it means an editor chose my story I guess...