Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ Palmer

Charity Kase the Orphan Pirate
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.charitykase.com
The proof copy of my novel is in the mail and on the way to my door. According to the information given with the tracking number it was supposed to arrive yesterday. No luck today either! The latest info says it should be delivered tomorrow. I'm kind of looking at the mailman as if he's Santa Claus bringing me a gift on Christmas! I must admit I'm very excited.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
CGs and here's to an early delivery!

KJ Palmer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.charitykase.com
Yikes! No delivery today so I called the Post Office. My tracking number shows the package was received 4 days ago by a mail sorting center 80 miles north of where I live. However, no further information is available and the Post Office seems to have um... lost it! I'm awaiting further updates as they look into this. Why me God? Why? :)

KJ Palmer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.charitykase.com
Terrible? More like typical! :) I'd probably faint if something ever went in my favor! All I can do is keep positive and wait it out!

KJ Palmer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.charitykase.com
You guys are wonderful! Are you ready for this? The short answer is no, I haven't received it yet though it was supposed to be delivered on March 22. So here's the confusing journey my proof copy has taken...

First of all, I'm in Southern New Jersey. That's where the proof is supposed to be delivered. According to the U.S. Post Office tracking service:

The package traveled from Ohio, across Pennsylvania and arrived at a North Jersey sorting center on March 18. On the 20th the package moved to a processing center in Central New Jersey. On the 22nd, it went to another processing center in NORTH Jersey.

On the 24th the package finally arrived at yet another processing center here in South Jersey... cool, right? Nope. Later that day, and for a reason known only to the Post Office, my package was shipped back to a processing center near the New Jersey/New York border where it still remains!

I know it doesn't make sense. I'm ready to look up Jesse Ventura's number to see if he'd be willing to make a Conspiracy Theory episode about why the post office is hellbent on driving me nuts! :)

The route of my proof copy makes no sense at all but it has traveled more than I have in the past 8 days!!!

I'll keep you posted and thanks!

KJ Palmer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.charitykase.com
I'm happy to say the proof copy finally arrived and I'm quite impressed with the appearance and layout. The book took such a long and confusing journey through the mail that even Balian the cat, my beloved pet and mascot who has a minor role in the book, also jumped for joy at its arrival!

soploo.jpg

Thanks for all your support while I was waiting! It was a nail-biter!

Last edited:

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
I'm happy to say the proof copy finally arrived and I'm quite impressed with the appearance and layout. The book took such a long and confusing journey through the mail that even Balian the cat, my beloved pet and mascot who has a minor role in the book, also jumped for joy at its arrival!

Thanks for all your support while I was waiting! It was a nail-biter!

About time!! Glad it finally found its way home.

ohheyyrach77

Awesome.
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats!

I would have been going insane waiting for it!!

grayworld

Registered
Reaction score
You're way more patient than me. That whole experience would've given me a coronary. Congratulations on the book! It looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.