PDA

View Full Version : Cover Blurb(s) Needed.....ASAP

Mardav
03-09-2006, 08:45 PM
My book of short stories is about to be published. Right now the cover artist is holding final production for a few possible cover blurbs.

The stories all have Jewish themes and range in time over the past 200 years.

I need blurbs from published authors or scholars whose names would mean something to my potential readers......

Anyone out there??

Tish Davidson
03-10-2006, 02:03 AM
Have you thought about asking a well-known rabbi?

ideagirl
03-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Wouldn't you, as the writer of stories like this, have an idea in mind of a few people (writers, scholars, or as the other poster indicated, rabbis) whose names would resonate with the kind of people your book is aimed at? If you have some names in mind for possible blurb-writers, even if you don't know them at all, try doing some web research on those people and contacting them directly. (If you have names, you could even ask here if anyone knows them or knows someone who knows them, etc.). Do research and see if there's anything you have in common with the person--same hometown, alma mater, similar theme in your book, whatever--and carefully craft a letter/email to approach the person with.

Mardav
03-11-2006, 02:02 AM
Thanks for the ideas.

I've thought along both lines and done some (fruitless) effort in these directions.

Actually, I was hoping that someone on the board would be or know a specific person.

Unfortunately, most of the Jewish writers I admire are dead....it really cramps their style when it comes to cover blurbs.

In any case, I was delighted that you responded.

M