• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Readers Wanted for Psychological Horror Novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

parakeety

Registered
Reaction score
Hello.

I am a newbie to the community (although I've been lurking for a while).

I've finished a 63,000 word novel that I would like a beta reader(s) for. It's a contemporary psychological horror novel set in the Mojave desert.

I don't need editing for spelling or punctuation. I'm looking for general critiquing, analysis of a timeline that runs through the story, and a second pair of eyes in case there are any glaring plot holes I've missed (I don't think I have, but you know...). The story contains swearing as well as two sex scenes but I assure you they're not gratuitous.

I don't need a writing partner, but a mentor might be a good idea. I would be looking for feedback within a month, but the sooner the better.

I'm also free to do a swapsie if you like. Similar length would be great but I'm fairly flexible. I like horror, but am fine with sci-fi, fantasy, or anything a bit odd.

I am a total first-timer at this, so will probably proceed a bit slowly while I get to know you.

Thanks for looking. PM if interested. If you've done this sort of thing before, please let me know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.