• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

looking for beta swap for Science Fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwannabepublished

working hard - hard at work?
Banned
Reaction score
I have been through my 94K Science Fiction story a few times and feel it is ready for a beta swap. The story is more about people than space wars or heavy duty tech. I need someone to read for story flow, character development, plot and of course grammar, spelling and punctuation. I will, of course, be more than happy to do the same. The story has no sex and all characters are adults. The story does involve some semi technical discussions about time travel. Below is a rough draft blurb/synopsis -

Two groups face off at a distance of only a few feet but also five hundred years. One intent on investigating Earth’s first genuine alien encounter. The second on a mission to save Mankind. In the 25th century, decedents of Earth have settled twenty-three worlds. A genetic disease, claiming millions of lives, confounds medical science. Facing the impossible task of tracking the illness, they must discover the source and eradicate it before more die. Defective DNA is found to be the culprit and a unique plan is hatched. A group of genetically engineered people is sent to the 21st century in order to enhance the development of a worldwide genealogical database. Once in the hands of the Doctors, it will be used to track down people carrying the defective DNA and replace it, thus preventing the epidemic from taking more lives. Knowing they are on a one-way trip, the team sets out to generate a wave in the very fabric of time that will carry the necessary information to the future. But the team sent to investigate their arrival is determined to stop them, convinced they are on Earth to infiltrate secure government installation for some sinister purpose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.