Status
Not open for further replies.

Lantern Jack

My kitten knows kung-fu!
Registered
Reaction score
I nominate Truman Coyote!

image.php

Sorry, Rachel. But a gay dude with a parasol sittin' on a log trumps...whatever this is supposed to be...

P.S. Bumbershoot Man, who's the girl in pic?

image.php

Lantern Jack

My kitten knows kung-fu!
Registered
Reaction score
XThe NavigatorX said:
She does have a picture of Chiaki Kuriyama from Battle Royale in her profile, though. She gets super happy bonus points for that.

That's who that was! I thought it was Gogo Yubari! Oh, she's so going to beat me! It's a good thing I'm all calloused up from the last time.

Lantern Jack

My kitten knows kung-fu!
Registered
Reaction score
XThe NavigatorX said:
Right Actress (Chiaki Kuriyama) wrong movie.

It is Gogo.

I'm confused. Who's got the right actress, me or you? Was she in both movies?

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
Yeah, it's the same actress in both movies. Her real name is Chiaki Kuriyama. She was girl #13 in Battle Royale, and she was Gogo Yubari in Kill Bill.

oswann

Grumpy
Registered
Reaction score
In some smarty pants place like everyone else writ
I was thinking yesterday of who has the oldest unchanged avatar. I have never changed mine and I think this deserves some sort of recompense in this 'I-change-my-avatar-as-often-as-my-underwear, look-at-me-look-at-me' type of culture we live in. No?

Os.

Spirit_Fire

Slow-burning Muse
Registered
Reaction score
oswann said:
I was thinking yesterday of who has the oldest unchanged avatar. I have never changed mine and I think this deserves some sort of recompense in this 'I-change-my-avatar-as-often-as-my-underwear, look-at-me-look-at-me' type of culture we live in. No?

Os.

I would also like people to take notice of my avatar. It’s the protagonist from my WIP. He’s a fire magician, who also carries a hunting rifle (he discovers his latent magic talent later in the story). Does anybody else have a picture of one of their characters as their avatar?

p.s. I think poetinahat’s avatar is actually the entrance to ‘Luna Park’, a theme park in Sydney.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
oswann said:

No.

:tongue

Although I will give you points for it being the Green Hornet. The Green Hornet is cool.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
oswann said:
I was thinking yesterday of who has the oldest unchanged avatar. I have never changed mine and I think this deserves some sort of recompense in this 'I-change-my-avatar-as-often-as-my-underwear, look-at-me-look-at-me' type of culture we live in.
Are you saying you've never changed your underwear? Gross.

Rob :)

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
XThe NavigatorX said:
Yeah, it's the same actress in both movies. Her real name is Chiaki Kuriyama. She was girl #13 in Battle Royale, and she was Gogo Yubari in Kill Bill.

Girl #13, or Takako Chigsu. Thank you, Nav, for explaining that to Lantern Jack. He can't watch Battle Royale, because he has unresolved issues with Beat Takeshi. As for myself, I can't get enough of it, and I have a gigantic crush on Tetsuya Fujiwara.

Chiaki Kiriyama is the best thing Kill Bill Vol 1 has going for it. Hey, Jack, you know how her sister was supposed to be in the second one, but her character got cut? Well, Tarrantino wanted to cast the actress who played Mitsuko "Hardcore" Souma, the Battle Royale bad girl, but he couldn't get her, and that's why the character was cut.

As for my avatar, "whatever this is supposed to be" is Jun from Gatchaman, an early anime series from the 70's, aka Princess from Battle of the Planets, an English dubbed series from the 80's, aka Agatha June from G-Force, an English dubbed series from the 90's. I have the whole team tattooed on my back. I have watched the show my while life. I can't recall a time when I didn't know what it was and love it. That's why I used the only female member to represent me.

But we've talked about how you hate my avatar before...as for Truman's avatar...that one he used to have with the turtleneck sweater was just about the cutest thing I've ever seen...except for Jack's new avatar, of course. :)

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
C'mon now folks, this is a no brainer. Of course every one knows that Dawno has the best avatar. Easy.

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
I like Celia's the best, but that's probably because I'm a Jun wannabe myself!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.