Finished my third rewrite

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMastro

Registered
Reaction score
I'm happy to say I finished my third rewrite of my first novel. I'm pleased with how the story has taken shape. I just started to revise and gut the unimportant things in it. I'm glad I wrote them though because it helped me know my characters better. I hope to be done gutting it by next week and then will start to revise it. My new goal is to be done with revisions by the end of March. Then I'll get more advice from others again to make it even better.

airship wreck

Ignoring plot carp
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so happy for you. I did a rewrite recently, and while I'm going to end up combining it with the original for the next draft, it helped me get into the world and the characters' heads. I'm rewriting a different novel soon.

Congratulations on all the work you've done, and good luck with what comes next!

katci13

creative genie
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome work!
After I wrote my first novel, I read it, laughed at myself, and trashed it. I didn't even try, so I'm always amazed (and slightly jealous) when people work like this right off the bat. :)

Good luck with everything that comes after! ^_^

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! And good luck with your revisions! :)

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Good on you for your thorough revision process and good luck with the next step!

tfang1289

Registered
Reaction score
Great job! I'm currently on draft 3 too, but writing has been taking a backseat to schoolwork, so I haven't had much time to work on it. Hopefully I'll be finished this draft soon -crosses fingers-

Victor Clairmont

Registered
Reaction score
Ah rewrites, the most terrifying aspect of your book....how I hate thee but love thee...

Congrats on 3rd rewrite!

KMastro

Registered
Reaction score
I laughed at my self too for my first draft and the second draft. I went through the first half of my book for revisions and got to the chapters of her traveling and laughed again. So... I have to fix those which is hard because there's no dialogue. The good thing though is that I finally came up with the title: Barkeater. Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement! Good luck on your own rewrites and revisions!

Status
Not open for further replies.