Things to do in Hollywood...

annaheyerdahl

Awesome Viking Chick
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annaheyerdahl.blogspot.com
I'm taking a vacation. This cold is driving me fraking mad. Thankfully my buddy and his wife invited me from Hollywood North (Vancouver for those who aren't in the know) to Hollywood South. For two weeks of fun in the sun.

Anyone from the City of Angels? Tell me some places I absolutely NEED to see. Already got a few items on my list, including surfing in Malibu (Hell to the YES!).

Please, feel free to help me pack as much into this vacation as I can! :D

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
#1. Give Denzel Washington Vernie's phone number.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But seriously...

I've never been to Hollywood, so I have no suggestions, but I hope you have a great time. Make sure you give us a full report when you return.

And no, I don't haz a jealous because you get 2 weeks of fun and sun while the rest of us work our buns off for the man. :tongue

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, here's my list.

1. A T-shirt. Extra large. Preferably with DC Superheroes on it.

2. The names and addresses of all the movie producers whom I can hit up for possible adaptions of my novels to the big screen.

3. A box of Ka-lee-forn-eye-ay sunshine, because here in Osaka it really sucks. Japan ain't warm all the time, don'tcha know.

4. Scarlet J's phone number. Yeah, I like her. There I said it. Deal.

5. If you can't get numbers one through four, don't sweat it. Have a great time!

spoonflipper

Registered
Reaction score
The Observatory at Griffith Park is cool- and a big movie landmark. Hollywood Forever Cemetery is a nice cemetery although Memorial Park in Westwood has more famous people. I mean...dead ones.
If you like comic books, DEFINITELY go to Meltdown on Sunset- they also do a lot of comedy shows there. Also, if you like comedy catch a show at Upright Citizens Brigade or Largo. L.A. County Museum of Art...the museums in Exposition Park (that's downtown though)... I guess the Chinese, just to see it, but it's just a mall now really. You could go to Sunset Junction and watch the hipsters go by.

Pro tip: If you hang around any dive in Hollywood long enough there's a good chance you will eventually see Kiefer Sutherland. It just happens.

annaheyerdahl

Awesome Viking Chick
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annaheyerdahl.blogspot.com
Thanks for the suggestions! I'm taking it easy today (late night watching the Islanders cream my beloved Canucks *sob sob sob* and early flight this morning) but my friend suggested Griffith Park tomorrow after surfing WOOT! :)