• Basic Writing questions is not a crit forum. All crits belong in Share Your Work

syw on the shelves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin K

Registered
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, is there anything in the bookstores that was once, in a prehistoric draft, posted in one of the SYW forums?

Canton

A tethered mind
Registered
Reaction score
I've been able to follow the successful query letters thread to some authors who posted their beginning pages in one of the SYW forums. I like to see beyond the letter to the pages that went along with the letter that garnered interest. It can be a bit tricky to search, but sometimes you come up with something.

Last edited:

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Several chapters of several books...

But none that are in the final version...

Last edited:

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've beta read a handful which later appeared on shelves in stores. My offer to beta usually stemmed from work posted in SYW, but not always, and now I'm not sure which is which.

But yeah, as others have said, lots of work found commercial publishers after being honed at SYW.

Maryn, whetstone in hand

benluby

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I am strongly considering posting my prologue just to get a feel for the general consensus of 'good/bad' opinions so that I can discover whether or not people enjoy what I have written, aside from my beta's, only one of which is actually a writer.
The readers all love it, but how do writers take it?

Status
Not open for further replies.