PDA

View Full Version : I should be writing...or working...

annaheyerdahl
03-08-2014, 01:27 AM
Instead I'm sitting in my apartment, the very last place I want to be, wondering when that cloud is going to move and bring back the sunshine...and I might have started in on the aquavit a little early. Hey, it's 5:00 somewhere - just not here in Vancouver heh.

So.......what are you doing? Someone distract me. Please. Things are getting blurry.

Hoplite
03-08-2014, 01:30 AM
So.......what are you doing? Someone distract me. Please. Things are getting blurry.

I'm calibrating the depth of field of my microscope so I can measure the thickness of a polymer coating on metal substrates....I don't know if that helped or just made it worse...

Arcadia Divine
03-08-2014, 01:31 AM
SQUIRREL! (in reference to Up)

annaheyerdahl
03-08-2014, 01:32 AM
I'm calibrating the depth of field of my microscope so I can measure the thickness of a polymer coating on metal substrates....I don't know if that helped or just made it worse...

I have no idea what you said. Thankfully, Google to the rescue! :D

annaheyerdahl
03-08-2014, 01:33 AM
SQUIRREL! (in reference to Up)

Why did that make me want to climb a tree and catch someone by the nuts? I mean...eat nuts? No, that didn't sound right either...

Hoplite
03-08-2014, 01:34 AM
I have no idea what you said. Thankfully, Google to the rescue! :D

Ah ha! I gave you something to do!

annaheyerdahl
03-08-2014, 01:35 AM
Ah ha! I gave you something to do!

Bwahaha that you did!

Arcadia Divine
03-08-2014, 01:37 AM
Why did that make me want to climb a tree and catch someone by the nuts? I mean...eat nuts? No, that didn't sound right either...

Lol! That painted a picture I'd rather not paint.

annaheyerdahl
03-08-2014, 01:39 AM
Lol! That painted a picture I'd rather not paint.

I think there's an artists rule about that...

"Thous shan't paint bollocks"

Or something to that effect ;)

Maze Runner
03-08-2014, 01:49 AM
I should be working too. But there's just no way in ...

Vancouver looks like a great place, Anna. You like it there?

annaheyerdahl
03-08-2014, 01:53 AM
I should be working too. But there's just no way in ...

Vancouver looks like a great place, Anna. You like it there?

It's great. As places go. Kinda cold at the moment. It's no sunny Palm Springs or anything.

You can't get in to work? How come?

Maze Runner
03-08-2014, 01:57 AM
I've had a cold that's just tiring me out. Plus, it's Friday afternoon, and the fangs are starting to come out. Starting to think of whiskey and women and well, you know.

annaheyerdahl
03-08-2014, 02:02 AM
I've had a cold that's just tiring me out. Plus, it's Friday afternoon, and the fangs are starting to come out. Starting to think of whiskey and women and well, you know.

WAIT! Don't stop! Insight into a man's mind! Do go on! Please! :D

Maze Runner
03-08-2014, 02:10 AM
hahahaha, no I just mean, it's Friday, right? I've worked hard all week when I didn't really feel up to it. Now it's 2pm, LA time, and I am chomping at the bit to have some fun. Fun to me is probably not much different that it is for you- libations, music, a change of atmosphere, and yeah, of course, if I get lucky, why not? Can't think of much else that's more fun than that. Can you?

annaheyerdahl
03-08-2014, 02:15 AM
hahahaha, no I just mean, it's Friday, right? I've worked hard all week when I didn't really feel up to it. Now it's 2pm, LA time, and I am chomping at the bit to have some fun. Fun to me is probably not much different that it is for you- libations, music, a change of atmosphere, and yeah, of course, if I get lucky, why not? Can't think of much else that's more fun than that. Can you?

Snart, you're in LA? You suck. Seriously. Why can't I live in LA? Why do I have to be a boring Canadian, stuck in Canada where it's cold and gloomy and boring? Okay maybe not boring.

Fun to me right now is not losing my mind in a sea of depression. I think alcohol is helping. And the fact that my mother just left (I'm not getting into the reason why she saw fit to drive over to my apartment, drag me out of bed at an ungodly hour this morning, force me to shower and eat, and go *cringe* shopping with her), that's making me happier too.

Sorry, I think that's what the British mean my blathering on. I blather. I'm blathering right now. Maybe I should write more about Vikings and pillaging and cookies. Or drink more aquavit. Getting lucky sounds fun but after losing my almost fiance I can't really imagine going out and trying to find someone. I'm boring. Really boring. And kind of depressed.

Okay I'm shutting up now.

T Robinson
03-08-2014, 02:15 AM
All I can think of is, "Are you related to Thor?" so we can ask you about the Kon-Tiki

annaheyerdahl
03-08-2014, 02:18 AM
All I can think of is, "Are you related to Thor?" so we can ask you about the Kon-Tiki

I might be lol! As long as you don't ask for Chris' autograph ;)

Maze Runner
03-08-2014, 02:20 AM
Snart, you're in LA? You suck. Seriously. Why can't I live in LA? Why do I have to be a boring Canadian, stuck in Canada where it's cold and gloomy and boring? Okay maybe not boring.

Fun to me right now is not losing my mind in a sea of depression. I think alcohol is helping. And the fact that my mother just left (I'm not getting into the reason why she saw fit to drive over to my apartment, drag me out of bed at an ungodly hour this morning, force me to shower and eat, and go *cringe* shopping with her), that's making me happier too.

Sorry, I think that's what the British mean my blathering on. I blather. I'm blathering right now. Maybe I should write more about Vikings and pillaging and cookies. Or drink more aquavit. Getting lucky sounds fun but after losing my almost fiance I can't really imagine going out and trying to find someone. I'm boring. Really boring. And kind of depressed.

Okay I'm shutting up now.

No, don't shut up. You're charming. Truthfully, I haven't been at the top of my game lately either. Really fighting off this feeling of who-gives-a ___? Sometimes I'm good at kicking depression's ass, sometimes I get mine kicked, but if I don't put up a good fight it will be one-sided affair. Sometimes we have to lie to ourselves, if only for a while.

annaheyerdahl
03-08-2014, 02:23 AM
No, don't shut up. You're charming. Truthfully, I haven't been at the top of my game lately either. Really fighting off this feeling of who-gives-a ___? Sometimes I'm good at kicking depression's ass, sometimes I get mine kicked, but if I don't put up a good fight it will be one-sided affair. Sometimes we have to lie to ourselves, if only for a while.

True. And living in a lie feels better than the alternative - the horrible crushingly devastating truth, that is.

Maybe that's why writing is so much fun...

annaheyerdahl
03-08-2014, 02:23 AM
Oh and I totally just realised you called me charming. And I snorted lol! I've never been called charming. Ever. Annoying? Weird? You betcha.

Maze Runner
03-08-2014, 02:27 AM
Oh and I totally just realised you called me charming. And I snorted lol! I've never been called charming. Ever. Annoying? Weird? You betcha.

Well, you're honest and funny and engaging, God I am so full of ____! No, really, you seem sweet. One thing I learned is no matter how bad you feel the good stuff is never that far away. Full disclosure- the opposite is also true, so don't get cocky. :)

Arcadia Divine
03-08-2014, 02:33 AM
Weird? You betcha.

I get this one a lot. People think they're insulting me by telling me this but I take it as a compliment. If they press it more, I'll tell them, "At least I don't change the way I act according to societal norms. I embrace who I am and if you don't accept it then maybe you're the weird one." That actually shuts them up for a while.

Edit: That also comes from the people who tend to call me stupid so that's why I respond that way.

annaheyerdahl
03-08-2014, 02:36 AM
Well, you're honest and funny and engaging, God I am so full of ____! No, really, you seem sweet. One thing I learned is no matter how bad you feel the good stuff is never that far away. Full disclosure- the opposite is also true, so don't get cocky. :)

You're so full of flatline? Jeg vet ikke hva du mener :P Oh boy I'm breaking out the Norwegian. Must be time to put the bottle down.

Cocky? I thought that was just a guy thing ;)

annaheyerdahl
03-08-2014, 02:37 AM
I get this one a lot. People think they're insulting me by telling me this but I take it as a compliment. If they press it more, I'll tell them, "At least I don't change the way I act according to societal norms. I embrace who I am and if you don't accept it then maybe you're the weird one." That actually shuts them up for a while.

Edit: That also comes from the people who tend to call me stupid so that's why I respond that way.

I like being weird. Doesn't win me many friends but, I work with special needs kids and they're awesome, so...yeah :P

Arcadia Divine
03-08-2014, 02:38 AM
Cocky? I thought that was just a guy thing ;)

It pretty much is!

EDit: I know I just insulted myself on that but someone has to do it.

Maze Runner
03-08-2014, 02:39 AM
Only a guy thing if you take it literally, so to speak.

My Norwegian''s a little rusty, but no doubt you paid me a great compliment so thank you, Anna.

Seriously though, I think you're in the same time zone as I am, so how are you gonna keep up this pace through the night, when you really need it?

annaheyerdahl
03-08-2014, 02:41 AM
It pretty much is!

EDit: I know I just insulted myself on that but someone has to do it.

*SNORT*

BWAHAHAHA!

Arcadia Divine
03-08-2014, 02:42 AM
My Norwegian''s a little rusty, but no doubt you paid me a great compliment so thank you, Anna.

I thought that with somebody one time, until I google translated it. I was much better off thinking it was a wonderful compliment. Lol.

annaheyerdahl
03-08-2014, 02:44 AM
Only a guy thing if you take it literally, so to speak.

Seriously though, I think you're in the same time zone as I am, so how are you gonna keep up this pace through the night, when you really need it?

Yep, same time zone. I know my time zones like I know the back of my hand...wait WTF is that? (kidding...)

Erm... Well with all my viking blood, Aquavit is like water for me. And I drink coffee like a fish. That is, if fish drank coffee...and naps. Can't forget about naps. Someday I'll go back to work. When the black hole of life isn't sucking me into its icy grip of pain and self wallowing. (Whoa, I should write that down...)

annaheyerdahl
03-08-2014, 02:46 AM
I thought that with somebody one time, until I google translated it. I was much better off thinking it was a wonderful compliment. Lol.

Ja jo da! Kanskje det er måten bedre enn alternativet! Or you could try and keep up! :P

Note: alcohol makes me brave. And the internet haha!

Arcadia Divine
03-08-2014, 02:48 AM
Ja jo da! Kanskje det er måten bedre enn alternativet! Or you could try and keep up! :P

Note: alcohol makes me brave. And the internet haha!

As my best friend frequently says to me, "Just stick your thumb up and agree. I'll make things much easier!"

Maze Runner
03-08-2014, 02:50 AM

Yeah, sometimes ignorance is truly bliss. Think I'll just assume the best.

Yep, same time zone. I know my time zones like I know the back of my hand...wait WTF is that? (kidding...)

Erm... Well with all my viking blood, Aquavit is like water for me. And I drink coffee like a fish. That is, if fish drank coffee...and naps. Can't forget about naps. Someday I'll go back to work. When the black hole of life isn't sucking me into its icy grip of pain and self wallowing. (Whoa, I should write that down...)

Same time zone, but too bad we're not all in the same city. I bet we'd get the best of this night.

Arcadia Divine
03-08-2014, 02:53 AM
Yeah, sometimes ignorance is truly bliss. Think I'll just assume the best.

Of course, the more she talks in the language the more tempting it becomes for me to translate everything. I have a feeling I just shot myself in the foot...

Maze Runner
03-08-2014, 02:55 AM

Of course, the more she talks in the language the more tempting it becomes for me to translate everything. I have a feeling I just shot myself in the foot...

Not to worry, she's not the insulting kind. (I'll believe it if you will)

Arcadia Divine
03-08-2014, 02:56 AM

I believe it.

annaheyerdahl
03-08-2014, 02:56 AM
Sorry, I stepped away to get some coffee. And a cookie. But ugh, this one tastes...off. I think my mother thinks I'm fat - this tastes like a diet cookie...dun dun dun.

No shooting one's self in the foot! I'd never say anything to anyone in another language I wouldn't say to their face. Or their.......avatar I guess?

Oh and I am SO coming to LA. Someday. The sun probably feels good. What is it like, 75 F there today? *shakes fist*

annaheyerdahl
03-08-2014, 02:57 AM

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I'm really not, I promise! :)

Maze Runner
03-08-2014, 03:01 AM
Sorry, I stepped away to get some coffee. And a cookie. But ugh, this one tastes...off. I think my mother thinks I'm fat - this tastes like a diet cookie...dun dun dun.

No shooting one's self in the foot! I'd never say anything to anyone in another language I wouldn't say to their face. Or their.......avatar I guess?

Oh and I am SO coming to LA. Someday. The sun probably feels good. What is it like, 75 F there today? *shakes fist*

LA's fine, the sun shines most the time, and the feeling is lay back. Palm trees grow, the rents are low, but ... (sorry, got carried away)

Yeah, it's about 75 today. It's cooled off considerably. :D

Plenty of room for you down here, Anna. Space, we got. I grew up in cold weather, not really crazy about the oppressive summer heat, and it took me a few years to get used to the lifestyle here, but now I have to admit I love it. If I ever leave, it will be the heat (that's lasting into November these years) that drives me out. But, while I'm here, please do come. I'd love to show you around.

Arcadia Divine
03-08-2014, 03:01 AM

The cookie is an attempt to play with your head.

So what does that make my avatar? It's about the funkiest parody you can think of.

A couple days or so ago, it was suppose to be 60 F but it ended up being 10 below. That weatherman needs to be tomatoed...

Ken
03-08-2014, 03:03 AM
Kon-Tiki

Great flick ! (About the boatride to a pacific isle to prove the Polynesians were capable of making it themselves and settling the isle hundreds of years ago, if I am recalling correctly. Neat way to settle an historical matter.)

annaheyerdahl
03-08-2014, 03:11 AM
Blasted diet cookies.

Yes, your avatar does belong in bizarro world, but it's awesome ;)

Arcadia Divine
03-08-2014, 03:16 AM
Yes, your avatar does belong in bizarro world, but it's awesome ;)

Thank god for Facebook then. If it weren't for that hot mess there would be no pictures of Willie Nelson taking a bubble bath and smiling with the caption, "It's time for a WET WILLIE!" That damn stoner can do the most outrageous things. I don't help things much by responding, "He's sexy and he knows it..."

I know that was random but I insist it was real!

annaheyerdahl
03-08-2014, 03:20 AM
Thank god for Facebook then. If it weren't for that hot mess there would be no pictures of Willie Nelson taking a bubble bath and smiling with the caption, "It's time for a WET WILLIE!" That damn stoner can do the most outrageous things. I don't help things much by responding, "He's sexy and he knows it..."

I know that was random but I insist it was real!

Holy crap. I must be missing out on all the cool stuff then. All I have on my Facebook is Norway and Vancouver sports team updates, some cool actors I know (Canadian Sci-Fi shows), and the few random people who added me...with their weird and frankly rather worrying updates about butterflies...and movies...and cheese.

Where do all the cool people hang out on FB?!?!?

Arcadia Divine
03-08-2014, 03:21 AM
Holy crap. I must be missing out on all the cool stuff then. All I have on my Facebook is Norway and Vancouver sports team updates, some cool actors I know (Canadian Sci-Fi shows), and the few random people who added me...with their weird and frankly rather worrying updates about butterflies...and movies...and cheese.

Where do all the cool people hang out on FB?!?!?

Oh it doesn't end there either. A lot of it is on my local martial arts group page.

annaheyerdahl
03-08-2014, 03:24 AM
Oh it doesn't end there either. A lot of it is on my local martial arts group page.

Wow. I really need to stay in more. I'm missing stuff. Not sure what that stuff is, but apparently I'm missing it!