I should be writing...or working...

annaheyerdahl

Awesome Viking Chick
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annaheyerdahl.blogspot.com
Instead I'm sitting in my apartment, the very last place I want to be, wondering when that cloud is going to move and bring back the sunshine...and I might have started in on the aquavit a little early. Hey, it's 5:00 somewhere - just not here in Vancouver heh.

So.......what are you doing? Someone distract me. Please. Things are getting blurry.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
I should be working too. But there's just no way in ...

Vancouver looks like a great place, Anna. You like it there?

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
I've had a cold that's just tiring me out. Plus, it's Friday afternoon, and the fangs are starting to come out. Starting to think of whiskey and women and well, you know.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
hahahaha, no I just mean, it's Friday, right? I've worked hard all week when I didn't really feel up to it. Now it's 2pm, LA time, and I am chomping at the bit to have some fun. Fun to me is probably not much different that it is for you- libations, music, a change of atmosphere, and yeah, of course, if I get lucky, why not? Can't think of much else that's more fun than that. Can you?

annaheyerdahl

Awesome Viking Chick
Registered
Reaction score
Website
hahahaha, no I just mean, it's Friday, right? I've worked hard all week when I didn't really feel up to it. Now it's 2pm, LA time, and I am chomping at the bit to have some fun. Fun to me is probably not much different that it is for you- libations, music, a change of atmosphere, and yeah, of course, if I get lucky, why not? Can't think of much else that's more fun than that. Can you?

Snart, you're in LA? You suck. Seriously. Why can't I live in LA? Why do I have to be a boring Canadian, stuck in Canada where it's cold and gloomy and boring? Okay maybe not boring.

Fun to me right now is not losing my mind in a sea of depression. I think alcohol is helping. And the fact that my mother just left (I'm not getting into the reason why she saw fit to drive over to my apartment, drag me out of bed at an ungodly hour this morning, force me to shower and eat, and go *cringe* shopping with her), that's making me happier too.

Sorry, I think that's what the British mean my blathering on. I blather. I'm blathering right now. Maybe I should write more about Vikings and pillaging and cookies. Or drink more aquavit. Getting lucky sounds fun but after losing my almost fiance I can't really imagine going out and trying to find someone. I'm boring. Really boring. And kind of depressed.

Okay I'm shutting up now.

T Robinson

Born long ago, in a different era
Registered
Reaction score
All I can think of is, "Are you related to Thor?" so we can ask you about the Kon-Tiki

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Snart, you're in LA? You suck. Seriously. Why can't I live in LA? Why do I have to be a boring Canadian, stuck in Canada where it's cold and gloomy and boring? Okay maybe not boring.

Fun to me right now is not losing my mind in a sea of depression. I think alcohol is helping. And the fact that my mother just left (I'm not getting into the reason why she saw fit to drive over to my apartment, drag me out of bed at an ungodly hour this morning, force me to shower and eat, and go *cringe* shopping with her), that's making me happier too.

Sorry, I think that's what the British mean my blathering on. I blather. I'm blathering right now. Maybe I should write more about Vikings and pillaging and cookies. Or drink more aquavit. Getting lucky sounds fun but after losing my almost fiance I can't really imagine going out and trying to find someone. I'm boring. Really boring. And kind of depressed.

Okay I'm shutting up now.

No, don't shut up. You're charming. Truthfully, I haven't been at the top of my game lately either. Really fighting off this feeling of who-gives-a ___? Sometimes I'm good at kicking depression's ass, sometimes I get mine kicked, but if I don't put up a good fight it will be one-sided affair. Sometimes we have to lie to ourselves, if only for a while.

annaheyerdahl

Awesome Viking Chick
Registered
Reaction score
Website
No, don't shut up. You're charming. Truthfully, I haven't been at the top of my game lately either. Really fighting off this feeling of who-gives-a ___? Sometimes I'm good at kicking depression's ass, sometimes I get mine kicked, but if I don't put up a good fight it will be one-sided affair. Sometimes we have to lie to ourselves, if only for a while.

True. And living in a lie feels better than the alternative - the horrible crushingly devastating truth, that is.

Maybe that's why writing is so much fun...

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Oh and I totally just realised you called me charming. And I snorted lol! I've never been called charming. Ever. Annoying? Weird? You betcha.

Well, you're honest and funny and engaging, God I am so full of ____! No, really, you seem sweet. One thing I learned is no matter how bad you feel the good stuff is never that far away. Full disclosure- the opposite is also true, so don't get cocky. :)

Arcadia Divine

Registered
Reaction score
Weird? You betcha.

I get this one a lot. People think they're insulting me by telling me this but I take it as a compliment. If they press it more, I'll tell them, "At least I don't change the way I act according to societal norms. I embrace who I am and if you don't accept it then maybe you're the weird one." That actually shuts them up for a while.

Edit: That also comes from the people who tend to call me stupid so that's why I respond that way.

Last edited:

annaheyerdahl

Awesome Viking Chick
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Well, you're honest and funny and engaging, God I am so full of ____! No, really, you seem sweet. One thing I learned is no matter how bad you feel the good stuff is never that far away. Full disclosure- the opposite is also true, so don't get cocky. :)

You're so full of flatline? Jeg vet ikke hva du mener :p Oh boy I'm breaking out the Norwegian. Must be time to put the bottle down.

Cocky? I thought that was just a guy thing ;)

annaheyerdahl

Awesome Viking Chick
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I get this one a lot. People think they're insulting me by telling me this but I take it as a compliment. If they press it more, I'll tell them, "At least I don't change the way I act according to societal norms. I embrace who I am and if you don't accept it then maybe you're the weird one." That actually shuts them up for a while.

Edit: That also comes from the people who tend to call me stupid so that's why I respond that way.

I like being weird. Doesn't win me many friends but, I work with special needs kids and they're awesome, so...yeah :p

Last edited: